X | Singular Togetherness

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

      The ding of a rusty, overhead bell sounded as the golden haired Brandon twin walked through the door of the town's flower shop. She smiled at Daisy, the friendly florist who was just a little too noisy for her own good. Then again, majority of the town's people were freakishly meddle-some.

      "Gooday Hannah, you're looking radiant this morning!" Daisy grinned, her perfectly pinned and dusty rose hair barely moved under the mounts of hairspray holding it together. The immortal wanted to poke the beehive, test to see if it was actually as bullet proof as it appeared to be.

      "Daisy, you know how I am about compliments. Thank you, anyway." She held her coin purse in both hands, clasped in front of her. Hannah already knew what she wanted. Along with Alice's requests, she wanted to pick up some Marigolds, her favorite.

      "What can I do you for?" Hannah placed her hands delicately on top of the glass, her golden eyes light and carefree.

      "Two dozen purple tulips, a dozen lilac and a dozen of your Marigolds – please." She grinned, pleasantly at Daisy's flabbergasted expression. The town's people have come to know that the Carmelo's usually spared no expense when it came to the finer things in life. Anyone willing to give them business would go home exceeding their sales expectation for the day.

      Daisy wiped her upper brow, the less than white smile was growing by the second. She was astounded, chuckling breathily. "Oh my, Hannah. Why, thank you! Oh my gosh, you have no idea – just wow!" She grabbed her hand, abruptly, in gratitude. Then, her feet started working as fast as they could to zoom around the shop for the flowers.

      "It's no problem at all. Your flowers are worth investing in – I've spoken to your mother, recently." The dusty rose of Daisy's hair glinted against the natural lighting. Her shoulders tensed for a milisecond before she picked up her pace again, gathering the flowers in barrels.

      "Oh yeah, how is she?" Although it came out of her mouth strained, Hannah could feel the longing there. A couple days of the Carmelo's coming to jenkintown, Hannah had met all the elderly in the retirement home. This included Donna – and when she read into her tragic past, she knew who Daisy was upon sight. It was remarkable how similiar they looked from each other; yet, different all the same.

      The strain between the mother-daughter duo was intriguing to say the least. They disagreed on many things, probably because Daisy was much like her absent father in that regard. However, when Daisy showed up at the nursing home to visit her mother on the day she was volunteering, Hannah could see the deep roots connecting the two. Of course, that didn't mean bringing Donna up occasionally wouldn't weigh down the lighthearted moment.