II. X | Of Ravenous Aggression

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

   The night was still young. Hannah and her unwanted but necessary company had gotten along swimmingly. She managed to fake her way through smiles and giggles, effortlessly. Hannah felt if she asked him to run off with her, he do just that, without dallying. However, now was the time to intact their plan. Since it was now back on track all they needed was a little nudge in the right direction.

   Han set her untouched water on the table they wandered to, noticing once she looked up that Gargio was in her personal space... Again. Fighting the urge to roll her eyes, she gave him a look of longing. An expression he ate up like his favorite ambrosia.

   "Although I wish we could continue this chat, I do have to return to my date." Gargio appeared flustered, thick eyebrows furrowing as he reached for her hand to stop her. She smoothly moved it out of his vicinity just in time.

   "You can't be serious, Flower. I thought you'd ditch that bloke once you laid eyes on this." He slid his hand down his muscular frame with a cocky smize.

   Straightening her shoulders, she curled a loose strand behind her ear. Hannah was quickly losing her patience with this man. Lowering her head, she feigned a crestfallen emotion. "Unfortunately, some of us don't get a choice in the matter," Hannah sighed.

   Frowning, he moved closer, if possible. He was bewitched by this woman and her melancholy temperament. It satisfied a deep hunger in his soul, igniting a lust of a beast. "Whatever do you mean?"

   Hannah glanced around, conspiratorially, whispering in a low voice. "I am... n-not a free woman. My d-date he–" Her breath caught in her throat, golden eyes captivating Gargio unexpectedly.

   As if he was disgusted with the information, he reared back. His souless black eyes seemed to sparkle, as if he just got an epiphany. Hannah eyed him warily, placing a hand to her chest to display over-emotion.

   He suddenly gasped her chin in his hands. Hannah fought the urge to still like a statue. She was repulsed by his touch but there was something more. There wasn't a way for her to read him, see his past. And for the first time ever, she didn't know someone else's memories, other than her own.

   He stared deep into her eyes, as if reading her soul with one, penetrating, inky glance. "Don't speak another word, my Flower. I have a plan and then you can come home with me. How does that sound?"

   "Sounds freeing," she muttered breathlessly. His responding grin, made her stomach curl. Both seemed to know the irony in her words but for different reasons. Luckily, things were going as she wanted it.

...

   "Delvin, I'm sorry I kept you waiting. I was in the ladies room," Hannah walked up to Declan and Jasper, giving them knowing looks. The Irishman stood in attention, glaring down at Hannah for acting purposes. He reached for her forearm, jerking her towards him.