II. IX | The Alliance

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

   The core four had made a plan, one that Jasper was reluctant to follow through, but a plan nonetheless. Ever since Hannah relayed the news that Minka was sold, which was a week ago, Alice pulled a few strings to look into Everett's bank statements.

   If the despicable man traded his daughter for money, surely he would have records of a sudden influx of money being put into his accounts. And maybe, just maybe where the funds came from would lead them to the trafficker. They just hoped the tradesman was incredibly dimwhitted.

   It was a risk, but it was all they had to go on.

   Speaking of risk, there so happened to be a exotic exhibit this very night. A place where fancy and important people come to see some of the world's finest inventions and paintings. Mr. Gargio, the newly discovered trafficker, would be there tonight. Their plan, was solely based on the greed of their target. If he desired unqiue and priceless things, they were going to offer one of their own.

   Hannah was that priceless object up for profit, she decided. Jasper, was obviously the first to argue against it. His utmost value for his girl's safety nudged his conscience to keep her close by. However, there was no one else suited better for the job.

   Alice, would be the eyes and ears of the operation. She could foresee the future, it aided when thinking on the fly. Seeing beyond the present. They needed her to oversee that everything was going acording to plan, running smoothly.

   Jasper, being with his rough background, was potentially the body guard. He knew battle strategy and could survey a field of people and know, at the top of a hat, their intentions. He would be covering Declan and Hannah's at the exhibition, giving Declan, who would be the 'owner', an air of importance and established wealth.

   Who would purchase from someone with no status? It needed to be believeable. Declan's Irish accent and standard blue collar appearance made for the perfect candidate. The image of an esteemed, above the working class, gentlemen; however, Hannah had her doubts. But that was just matters of opinion.

   Hannah stood before the mirror, eyeing her dangling earrings and sparkling green dress. Her hair was curled and pinned in a loose bun, baby hairs framing her soft features. Alice did her hair tonight, said she had to look appetizing. And although she hated the idea of looking good specifically for any man, let alone a dealer, she knew what had to be done.

   There were some innocent people that needed to be freed and that would only happen with her help.

   A knock came at the bedroom door and she called out for them to enter. Glancing over her shoulder, she wasn't surprised to see her loving soulmate staring at her in awe. She felt his presence before he even lifted his hand to knock. A slow smile touched her lips as he padded closer.