III. XIV | Of Danger At Bat

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

Another long chapter! I'm feeling like these last ones will be longer than usual. Xx

 Xx

   The next time Hannah met with Eleanora was more self-aware than the last. Though her time at the hospital was limited, she tried to spend the majority of her shift with the platinum haired celestial. It was obvious to Eleanora that the golden haired immortal believed her words to be true. By the way she carried herself and how her golden eyes scrutinized her form at any given moment. 

   It was then that Eleanora decided to be more forthcoming with her truth. The way she was raised, where she was found, what she did before coming to this institution. Eleanora felt comfortable with Hannah, which with her background said a lot about the immortal's character. Speaking of comfortable, her hospital gown caused her skin to itch as she adjusted it over her frame. The hospital really cut corners on their patients.

   "I'm trying to find a way to get you out of here," Hannah spoke passionately; yet, quietly as she moved to sit beside Eleanora. The platinum blonde glanced down to her finger tips.

   She shook her head, "You don't need to do that, Hannah."

   The golden immortal was confused and saddened by her sudden disinterest. As far as Han knew, Eleanora was wrongfully put in this institution, just like she was. And if there was one thing Hannah wished she could change, she'd run away before her father stuck her in that hell hole. Now, she had the opportunity to get her dear friend out and she was deciding against it? It didn't make since to her.

   "Eleanora, you don't belong in this place." She urged gently, grasping her hand in her own. "It's why I also stopped your medication..." She fixed a dubious expression.

   She had noticed the lack of supplements when the golden girl was around. "Han..."

   "No, listen to me. All my life I've had people make decisions for me without my consent and I'm tried of it. The same goes for you! You didn't decide to come here for help, you were carried in against your free will! I've been helping other people find their voice for a long time and if I could do the same for you, I've done my job." Her hand clenched just thinking about her family. 

   They were the main reason she chose to spend a little more time at the hospital. She didn't want Edward probing into her thoughts and she surely didn't want to hear Rosalie complain about the human girl. Especially, when her reasons for being mad were incredibly invalid and selfish. She didn't worry about the family as a whole, more so her own survival.

   It annoyed Hannah that this was the epitome of her thoughts. And if her thoughts were so self involved, why stay with Cullens and risk being caught by the Volturi? If she hated Bella so much, already knowing the human girl was Edward's mate, she should just pack up and leave. Avoid being caught up in their 'mess', as she so called it.