III. V | Of Choosing Sides

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

   Crickets chirped in the dark of the night, finding burrows to spend the upcoming day in. The grass rustled with Hannah's steps. They had been wandering for a while now, inhaling the fresh air – though unnecessary, and enjoying the alone time.

   Her petite hand brushed against Jasper's, like their bodies were communicating where her voice faltered. She closed her eyes, savoring the breeze fluttering over her face, tickling her nose.

   "My darling, are you thoroughly sated?" Hannah whispered in the foggy smoke of the early morning. Her golden eyes were freshly brightened, lighting up in the dusk. Jasper wiped a spot of leftover blood from the corner of her mouth, tasting it for himself as he grinned slowly.

   Scooping her up in his arms, hugging her frame to himself. "Yes, thank you for catching that lion for me."

   "Mm, you're welcome. For once, I didn't mess up my dress." As if to get another look at her magnificent figure, Jasper twirled her with one hand. He whistled low, tugging on his shirt as if her appearance was glorious enough to affect his body temperature.

   Hannah curtsied in her navy blue, halter neck dress. It flounced and swirled with her movements, much like a flapper dress. She was almost camouflaged with the early morning, if it weren't for her radiant goddess-like hair, curled to perfection. "And what a breathtaking dress it is."

   Jasper laid out a hand in front of him, offering himself to her. Hannah's eyes lit up, a soft expression melting over her angelic features. She sweetly slid her fingertips over his palm, willingly being swept up in his love crazed actions.

   The couple swayed under the waning moon without music. Their steps graceful and angelic as he took her hand in his own. Hannah lightly closed her eyes, leaning her head gently on his shoulder. A tune came to mind as she hummed it aloud. Much like two star signs, they tangled and spun, in tempo to her melodic singing.

   Jasper pressed a kiss to the side of her head, inhaling her honey suckle and orange citrus scent. It was this specific smell that grounded him to the earth. A very being that could bewitch his soul and capture his sole attention was fascinating and unfathomable; yet, here she was. Hugging his neck and twirling her finger around his curls as they moved from side to side. Breathing against his shoulder in a calm, sleep inducing pattern. Sensually wrapping herself around his frame like her very life essence depended on it.

   That was love. That was them.

   And he never grew tired of it, he didn't think he ever would.

...

   "Good afternoon, Mr. Fisher." Hannah smiled brightly as she walked into the principle's office. She still wore her navy dress from earlier, pairing a cashmere sweater overtop to dress it down. Because of her great start to the morning, she was in a pleasant mood. The endearing words Jasper whispered to her in the early morning echoed in her head and warmed her heart. She was walking on air, despite missing a sibling.