III. VI | For Crossing The Line

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

   That afternoon was filled with Rosalie grumbling about Hannah's choices and the safety of the coven. Hannah chose to tune it out for the most part, act like she hadn't heard any of it, despite her supernatural hearing. If you wanted to find a way to peeve Rose off, it was certainly to act like you couldn't hear her... and it only made her grumble more.

   To distract herself, Hannah brought Jasper upstairs to their room. Well, it was more like a conservatory. They stood before the painting canvases, as they've done countless times before, and stared at the white until they were annoyed with the lack of color. Then and only then, did they get to work.

   Hannah tied up her hair to avoid getting it splotched in burgundies and gold. She decided to paint whatever came to mind and go with it.

   Her thoughts easily shifted to Edward and what preoccupied his mind at the moment. What was he doing to occupy his time? Maybe he was reading or writing out his thoughts. Maybe he was running away from Tanya any chase he could get so he wouldn't have to answer to her obvious affections.

   He'll be back, Han thought confidently.

   She just felt it and although, Alice was the one with precognition, people were creatures of habit. Which, made it easier to predict their actions and reactions. From taking a look into Edward's past, there was a time when Edward left Carlisle to search for his own purpose. Eventually, he came back seeking a family to fulfill said purpose. He did it once, he'll do it again.

   Plus, her brother was no coward and, even more so, competitive with his personal sense of control. Edward prides himself on restraint. And if Tanya hadn't drove him out of there already, he'd be home before Bella could grow another fourth of an inch of chocolate brown hair on her preceptive head.

   "Jas," Hannah called to him, curiously. Her hands working steadily on the details in her painting. A pinky lifted into the air for proper precision.

   "Yes, dove?" Whereas the golden haired immortal was working on the intricate things, he was painting based on the internal emotions he felt.

   It wasn't often he got to take a step back and evaluate his thoughts, feelings and reactions to things that happen on an every day basis. So here he was, laying it on a blank page to get better understanding of himself. Strange and ironic to think an empath can read every person in the room expect himself.

   "How do you feel about me making friends with this Swan character?" The short silence perturbed her. When he didn't answer right away, she paused – sighed, and glanced his way to read his thoughtful expression. "You think it's a risk too." She spoke his thoughts aloud, waiting for him to confirm or deny.