Walk in the park

My name is Joli, I live in New Zealand and I recently entered at the A university in Auckland, the best University in New Zealand. We're usually getting picked upon by the seniors though, knowing this school is filled with highly stressed students. I also started living with my one room mate, she's been my friend for 2 years so I feel completely safe living in this small apartment with her. The apartment Is close to my university and work place as well which is really convenient.

"Hey, Jo, look at this!" My friend asks while gesturing me to come over. She shows me a picture of a guy and says "Isn't he so attractive? and he wants to move in with us!" This apartment has 2 bedrooms, a small kitchen and a medium sized lounge. I'm not risking anymore people. It'll be a pain. "Sherry, you know he could be a pervert and we cant afford to waste anymore room" I say, of course she was reluctant, but she understood and didn't say much further then a sigh. Sherry is a nice person but that's used against her.  when she is kind, she grabs the attention of trouble makers, and that's how I met her.

After that I had changed into my comfy clothes, and I felt like getting fresh air, so I walked to a nearby park that was only across the street from me, I continue straight but I had this sense of fear, It had felt like something was staring at me, though I shook it off thinking it's because i'm anti-social and that I hardly go outside. I've arrived and sat down on one of the rusty swings, I didn't know how I felt, It was silent but that turned out nice, since I hardly get any peace and quiet. I swung back and forth on the swing and just silently enjoyed the air refreshingly flowing through my hair and body, it felt good but I'd heard something, I stop as I listen through the wind, The sky had fogged up with clouds, it had started getting cold. "clink, clunk" A weird metal like sound, one that two or more metal pieces clanged together, was around me somewhere close. I look over my shoulder and surroundings, I don't know whether it was a good idea to forget my purse or not, but if it was a thief then they should be going towards people with one. Why is it getting closer?