Fresh start

"Heeeey Sherry, do you want to come with me to a hotel? I know you'll enjoy it" A male gestured, what kind of women accepts that? I overhear a male talking to someone, the other party seems to talk very quietly so I can't hear what they are saying. I look around and notice in front of my there is an alleyway at the far right corner. I quickly walk towards it and hear clearly "Don't say a thing and you better follow me without looking suspicious, I know where you live". I rush towards the corner and spot a man holding his hand towards a girls mouth, she's crying with a feared look in her eyes, I rage at this disgusting sight, I rush in to punch the living shit out of the dude holding her, he yells and kicks my leg. I fell, he continues to punch me in the face while saying "not so high and mighty now are we?!" The girl from before screams for help and people hesitantly rush to the scene. The man stops hitting me and quickly gets up and starts running in the other direction. "A-are you ok?!" The girl says with a worried look in her eyes she seemed very short and innocent, of course she'd be targeted. "Don't worry I could get hit like that a hundred times and still be fine" I say with a confident grin, she finally looked relieved and said "Thank you, d-do you want to come stay at my place? I will fix those wounds for you" I nod my head and notice the police arriving near us. 

After informing the police his direction he asks their questions about the high school girl, Sherry, invites me into her house where I told her I didn't have a place to stay and I'm completely new to this town. Sherry accepted me into her house and we became close friends real quick. I decided to go to her university. This girl will be the only one I'll protect.

"Hey Joli, what did you use to do before you came here?" Sherry says "I use to be the lone wolf and didn't like the idea of friends, my father died and I never see my mum anymore" Oops, was that too much information... I quickly continue "But don't worry, a fresh start as eased my mind from all of it haha" Sherry looks at me with a worried look but quickly smiles and says "Well you aren't wrong there, I hope you and I get through our tough times together!" I'm glad to have met this girl, maybe this is a good change, I was so controlling towards the guy I liked that I wanted no one to have him but me, I bet I would be liked by him if I was Sherry... so kind and innocent... the opposite of me.