short 3

Dean POV

I was back to the state after long work in Europe. Okay, it's not only about work. After I made a scene in our apartment almost 7 or 8 months ago, my mom dragged me along with her first to Paris. She said that she would like to introduce me her friends' daughters or colleagues. And I couldn't refuse my mom's request. I love her very much. She's my world and Valentina, well.. My second priority.

So me being there not only do those things, I had my own vacation too. I never thought back what I did to Valentina. My mind couldn't take that much. But when I thought back months ago, I admitted I was harsh to her. I never did any violence to her.

By the way, how was she now? Was she moving out or she lived happily with her new lover? I never received any report from Allen, my bodyguard. He'd done everything I asked. He was just like my trusted man.

After my mom told me everything and she had proof in her hands to show at my face I just believed her. That's it. I saw red and when I was home facing Valentina I couldn't take it anymore. I exploded and did I just push her? She hit what? Our kitchen counter, didn't she?

What the hell..

And to think of it, when I was making my way out, I saw the table was set and I felt like I saw dinner. Steak and wine and what else? Candle light dinner just the two of us because I saw 2 chairs facing each other.

She worked hard to make it. But I thought with what she did to me. She deserved my rage. Didn't she?

I never let her explained to me if I was wrong or she admitted it. But her expression told me she didn't have any idea what was I talking about that time. Or she just shocked because I caught her red handed?

I walked through the terminal. Allen picked me up and brought my suitcases and closed the trunk.

"Sir, " he greeted me. He wore black outfit matching mine.

I just nodded at him.

"any news I should know? "

He drove all the way while I sat in the back seat. And we missed our way to my apartment.

"actually.. "

"hey, you missed the way, " I said straightened my back.

"you want to visit the burnt apartment? "

"the burnt what? "

"okay, I'll show you," he drove to I and Valentina's. "I couldn't inform you. Even I send the letter I never receive any response from you, Sir. "

"what are you talking about, Allen? "

The car came to halt.

"okay, here we are. "

Allen quickly got out. I was confused first but when I saw the building I shared with Valentina I slowly understood. There was fifteen floor. It had burn color and never rebuilt.

Allen opened my door and I slided out slowly.

"would you like to come up?"

"sure," I said still looking up. I cleared my mind and walked towards the building. "let's go!"

Every step I took making me nervous. Something bad happened when I was gone. That was months ago. My heart beat raised the tempo and I fisted my hands in my pants pockets.

Here I stood by the door. Allen was still behind me. I sighed then I opened the door.

Everything was almost black and some was dark grey. You could smell the burn. Even the dinner she set was still like before I left except it was burned.

I stepped in to the master bedroom. Okay, I couldn't explain. I opened the closet to find her belongings were gone and mine.. Never mind. I could buy everything again.

I was looking everything in detail even it was burned. It just never occurred in my mind. Was she safe? To think again, the last time I left her was she hit the kitchen counter. Could she stand up?

I was back at the kitchen. Everything was still the same the last time I left. I came near the counter and I looked down. I saw something like the flow and it was ashes color.

I bent my knee and touched it with my index finger. Here I acted like detective.

"she was found on the floor fainting and bleeding. She was brought to the hospital and was in comma for a week. And she spent three days after she woke up before she was discharged. "

"what?"

I heard what he said. But I couldn't believe my hearing. How could I never informed? She was bleeding? Why? Except if she was..

" I told you already. I couldn't inform you. Even I send the letter I never receive any response from you. It's like you don't want me to be disturbed. "

Allen was already behind me.

"but.. But I have my phone.. And.. "

I straightened my body. Then, my mind stopped. My mother had something to do with this because she had it. She was reasoned she prefer mine then hers. That's it.

"how was she?"

"she's not here anymore. With everything happen, she decided to move out and went to another city," Allen said to me as I faced him. " I helped her with the hospital bills and I've tried to protected her as you want me to do when you're not around even now you two are divorced. "

"thank you. And I forget to say you don't have to do after we're divorced but I think I am so grateful with what you did. You saved her. "

"it's the least I can do, " he shrugged. "and she's the nicest person you have and I respect her. "

"she has her apartment and her car. So why she has to move out? "

"the person who did this is making the prenup you and Ms. Saviolla never know. And the one of them is her apartment and her car is not hers anymore when you two are divorced. "

"what? " that was cruel. They were hers before we married. Hell before we met. "and you know who is behind all of this?" I asked him seriously.

His blank face was facing me.

"you guess it. You know this person. Someone closes to you. "

"it's my mom's doing, right? "

He nodded once.

"why did she have to do all of this? Did she want to destroy my marriage? "

It's my fault too to believe my mom. The one I love and I trusted the most. And I did all the violence to Valentina. Shit.

" all I can say, the first meeting you two had when you introduced Ms. Saviolla to Mrs. West was all the starter. "

"she didn't like her, I know. "

"no. She hated Ms. Saviolla from the start. "

Huh?

"how come I never know this? "

"you see Mrs. West to high, Sir. Because you love your mom. "

" I sense her disapproving but I never expect.. "

My mind swirled like champagne in the flute.

"come," I said stepping out from the burnt apartment. Allen followed me. "tell me everything when I'm gone. "

"alright, Sir. "

We were already in the car. He started the machine and we're heading the master mind.

"can you answer me, Allen? "

"what is it, Sir? "

"she's pregnant, isn't it? "

"was, Sir! "

Damn.