short 8

DEAN POV

I didn't have a baby yet so I didn't know how to calm her, how to hold her right or do everything like a father do. I seldom faced a toddler or toddlers and young boys. But here, I was facing what I mentioned up there.

I sat in the living room watching them played with their own toys as I babysit this cutie. Nah, I helped her drinking her milk.

I was watching them but the most time I looked at this girl's hypnotized eyes. She held her bottle with her small hands as her eyes looking at me. We stared at each other. She didn't feel me bother her because she smiled while drank her bottle till empty.

She sighed contently as I put her empty bottle on the table beside me. I held her in front of me as she gave me her toothless smile. It's like she thanked me for the milk and asked me to burp her.

I put her head on my left shoulder as I patted her back softly. I watched the boys again preventing them to make chaos but you know I was surprised they played quietly into their own world.

Dexter boy still with the oldest boy and the rest was playing. They were still in this room but their position was changed. Don't ask me!

Sister Mariyah went to her office after she gave me Dianne's bottle. This baby girl had a beautiful name. And she was friendly baby. Her smile was beautiful too as if I didn't want her smile vanish. And here I thought I want to protect the little princess.

I fell in love with her.

I thought about their daily routine here. Even sister Mariyah always busy in her office they were independent boys' type. And they depended on their oldest. He was truly older brother figure. He was a big helper and babysitter too. And he had big responsibility on his hands. I appreciated at what he's doing.

I heard the loud burp. Someone had the best meal today. I chuckled as I lifted Dianne to face me. I saw her eyes were drowsy so I put her on my chest.

I leaned on the back rest on the old love seat as I stretched my legs on the floor. This was the best feeling ever. I could relax a bit.

I looked at the clock on the wall then I tried to find Allen. Before I called him, he came to me while put his phone on his breast pocket.

" I already order lunch, sir, " he said stood beside me.

I closed my mouth and I nodded. I kept on watching the boys as I patted Dianne's back.

"what is Sister Mariyah doing in her office? Is she always busy? " I whispered asking him.

"not really. I think she has important matter right now. "

"when I talked to her she had her phone office ringing. She talked in hushed tone. So I assume she has some important thing. Can you try to find it? I have a bad feeling. "

"of course, sir. "

"thank you, Allen, " I wandered my eyes around the room. "how is Valentina? "

"Mike said she's still sleeping. Everything is fine."

"so, still no sign to wake up," I mumbled.

"don't worry, sir. She will be fine, " Allen assured me.

"thank you, " I glanced at him then I kept my eyes on the boys again.

The doorbell rang and Allen headed to face who was on the door.

I heard the soft snore. I looked down and Dianne was sleeping with her mouth opened. Awe, my baby girl was so cute.

So here I was thinking suddenly. When Vee was awake, I want to discuss something with her about these children.