short 5

DEAN POV

Okay, here I was now. Another city which I had to use my private jet to fly. My chauffeur was already here. I was guided by Allen reaching the car. I could see the sky was grey and it's grumbling. Sure, the storm would be coming.

Allen sat by the passenger seat. He was all stand by waiting my instruction. I was never care about myself right now. I didn't care if I had bag under my eyes. How tired was I and my hair was long enough. That was not very me.

Whatever.

We were on the road for a few minutes.

"so, Allen," I positioned myself comfortably. "do you know where should we find her? "

"my man found her, Sir," he answered as he straightened his body. "should I explain to you how's she? Cause I want you to see by yourself. "

"that bad? "

"ummm.. "

" we're here, " the chauffeur said.

He parked on the side of the road.

I saw from my window. This was not the best place to live. That's it. The old buildings along the street which I could see both side. People was walking around wearing jacket. Today was cold. The winter already ended but well.. You could feel the cold pinched your bone. (those are my words LMAO)

Was her heater on? Did she eat just fine? Where was she work? Did she even have a job? Which floor her room?

So many questions in my head. I could never imagine her condition right now. Thinking the worst just made my palms curled up.

I couldn't even protect her.

"come on, Sir, " Allen's words snapped me.

He opened my door as I got out. My chauffeur stayed waiting for me as we walked. I followed Allen from behind.

I didn't care if people stared my car. They might never see luxury car stopped by.
I was not showing off here but if this made them would do bad things to us, don't test me.

I couldn't believe we were on her floor. The elevator dinged. Well, this old building had this kind of elevator. I was a bit surprised.

Someone was already stood by the door. He stood rigidly wearing black jeans and jacket. He looked like some trained guy. I thought he was good at his job spying people.

"is she inside? " Allen asked him.

"umm actually, " okay he's kinda nervous here. He scratched his chin but stared at us. "she doesn't go outside for 3 days."

"what do you mean? "

" I said she doesn't go outside for 3 days that means, " he said looking at us seriously. "maybe something's bad happened. I'm watching her from afar and I think it's kinda weird she never goes out. I mean, at least she is inside for 2 days usually and I know she's still alive at that time. "

"did you try to open her door? " I was sweating now.

"umm no, " the guy put his hands in his jacket pockets. " I'm just arrived waiting you guys. "

"okay, let me, " I stood in front of the door.

They both were behind me. I unbuttoned my jacket and tried to open.

Creak.

You heard that. She did not even lock the door. The first thing I felt was the bad smell. What was that? And the light was dim.

It's cold here.

"Allen! Turn the light on! "

And he did.

I found a small package on the small table. I assumed it was her living room. It looked like food because the smell was from there.

That's not why I was here.

I had bad feeling. I didn't care about my surrounding. My step took random door. Each of the room were the small bathroom, another empty room, small room and I thought this was the place you saved the broom and its friends. Where was her room?

When I opened the last room, my breath was hitched. There she was.

Oh My LORD...

She was lying. She hugged herself and made fetus form. Her room was dim and I could see she wore jacket and socks. But still, she's cold.

I turned on the light and I thought I stopped breathing. There she was. Her front was facing me. I saw her lips were turning blue. She was hypothermic.

Shit.

I squatted near her bed. I stroked her hair away from her face. She's still beautiful even though her cheeks were cold. I felt her shivering. Her heartbeat was weak.

Wait..

I saw something on her right cheek. It was a scar. It was.. Big enough. That's bad.

I took off my jacket wrapping her to make her stayed warm at least. I hugged her and took her out from her room.

"Allen! Come with me, " I said without seeing him. "and you, " I said to Allen's man. "please take care of this mess. "

I left Allen to explain what I meant to him. I was reaching the car and my chauffeur helped me to open the car. Then Allen was running and he got inside.

He instructed the chauffeur to go to the nearest hospital. I didn't care what Allen said or my surrounding. I was clutching her making her warm at least and trying to make her conscious.

I stroked her arms and her hair. I kissed her as I hugged her to make her warm. I hope my body's heat helped a little.

I remembered when I first carried her. She was so thin. How much was her weight lost. Was she under stress?

As we got out to the emergency ward, the stretcher was waiting along the medical staff. I went along beside her when they brought her to the room to check on her.

One of the nurse stopped me. I didn't saw her already stood in front of me.

"Sir, please wait here. The doctor will inform you after we check on her. Meanwhile you could fill the patient data in the nurse station, " she explained professionally as she pointed the nearest nurse station.

" I already take care of it, " Allen said suddenly coming to us.

"thank you, Allen, " I said.

He nodded.

The nurse entered the room as the doctor worked on Vee. I could slightly see before the door closing.

"you mentioned to me my mother gave her money," I asked Allen suddenly I remembered something random. "where were they going? She gave her much, right? "

"uhmm.. I can't say fifty grand were enough.. "

He answered doubtedly. Sure, those were not that much as we were rich. And that didn't compare her assets my mom stole.

"she gave Rita to fix her house and at least compensated what she did to Ms. Saviolla. She didn't want to take her for granted. And the rest was.. To make her survive in this new city."

I nodded. I was surprised when Allen first explained to me. What was my mom thinking when she did that? She's never satisfied.

Well, she's gone now. I hated her and I missed her at the same time. It's complicated when you had psycho for a mom.

__

Thank you guys for reading
Don't stop correcting me if you find the errors 😉