bonus IV

Dan heard sniffing and sobbing so he opened his eyes and found Josephine sleeping on him. He slowly moved her, putting her on the couch as he walked to the bedroom.

Annie was shaking while her eyes are closing. She had a bad dream.

He sat on the edge of the bed and stroked her head. " it's okay, baby. It's just dream. "

She whined and still closed her eyes. She hugged her doll tightly.

"come here, " he leaned on the headboard as he picked her on to his lap. He stroked her back soothing her and saying something.

Dan looked at the door as Josephine came in. She rubbed her eyes and was shocked to find Dan with Annie.

"she had a bad dream, " Dan said lowly.

Josephine nodded her head and walked towards the bed. She took another side and kissed her daughter. Her head was on Dan's shoulder.

They sat in silence. They didn't talk about what happened couple hours back. It's only 1 am so they only had 3 hours sleep.

For Josephine, it's too embarrassing.

*
*

They moved to his beach house the next day. Josephine didn't give much of conversation. She only talked when it needed and acted as usual.

Blue and white story house with open terrace and stairs to go down to the beach. It's sunny but not too hot.

"Mommy, come on," Annie was excited. She ran inside after Dan opening the door.

" how is it, Ann? " Dan stood in the hallway.

She came back with her big smile. " it's beautiful. I love it! "

He chuckled. "good. Want me to show your bedroom? "

She nodded excitedly. She took his hand and Dan lead the way leaving their suitcases behind.

Josephine walked inside after looking around the house. It's cute and beautiful. It's homey like their house even though not as beautiful as this house.

She walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge. It's full. She then thought about making lunch. She is hungry though.

She took breast chicken, peas, carrots and potatos. She pulled out the pans from its place. She felt her mouth watered imagining some crispy chickens with steamed vegetables. She can make another menu but it will be her main course.

"what are you doing? " Dan looked at Annie amused.

" I want to prepare before we go to the beach. "

" we go there after tidying up our wardrobes, baby, " he sat on the bed watching her excitedly pulled her clothes. "hey! You make a mess. "

Dan sat for a minute just to enjoy seeing her pulled out her cute tank top and shorts, her sunscreen and some cute bikinis.

"look! You don't wash your hands before, right? How about you go there, " he pointed at the adjoined bathroom. " and I will put your clothes back so Mommy don't get mad at you? "

"okay, " she smiled at him the ran inside.

"be careful! "

After tidying her case he put the clothes she took on the bed so she can choose what she want to wear.

"didn't you tired, baby? " he came then pick her up in his arms. She shook her had. "at least take a nap so you can run on the beach in full energy."