short 15

D E A N    P O V

Thank GOD, Allen brought the crib so Dianne could sleep in her own. And ever since then, I could cuddle with my wife. My -almost-divorced- wife.

Our sleeping arrangement was simple. We took both side of the bed. We felt awkward of course.

I was a bit scared even I've kissed her just a few days back. I wanted to hug her then my mind changed what if she didnt want me to do. And she didnt make a first move too.

But the next morning was different. We woke up in each other arms. She hugged my torso like usual and her head was on my shoulder. Sometimes in her sleep she sniffed. I felt that and when I woke first she still did that.

I realized when I gained my counscious after waking up, my right arm held her body closer and my left one touched her stretching arm. Our legs tangled and it was the best feeling ever.

I kissed her forehead and smiled at her innocent face. I turned facing her enjoying the moment. She mumbled something in her sleep then she sighed.

What was she dreaming about?

I touched her scar cheek. It's big and it took all her self confidence flew away. It brought to a moment before that tragedy happened.

If only I confronted her first. If only we sat and talked about it before assuming what my deceased mother said to me bringing the news. A lie to my face. Surely we still lived happily. We had a baby. And she didnt have this ugly scar.

That was a past. Nearly a year ago. And I hoped after we adopted this children, our life became better.

I hope we would have our own child. My imagination started to play. If she could be pregnant, how was our baby? Does he/she look like me? Does he/she have my eyes? Or lips? Skin? The hair?

*

It took few weeks to recover. A few days after we moved here, I brought her with me to check her out. We did some procedure and she was ready to take the surgery.

Medina was glad hearing that. She and Gustav took care our children. The boys was happy and sad at the same time because she was in the hospital. They only could visit her everyday. And my baby didnt want to be carried by me. She missed her mom.

Dianne always slapped my hand when I was about to reach her. And all I could do was sighed.

Everyday Allen brought the kids because I had to run my company. If I had much time, I would do by myself.

Sometimes Medina or Gustav accompanied my kids or both of them. They're already feeling comfortable with the old couple.

Today was time where the bandage was opened and we were very excited. The children and I looked at her curiously. Dianne looked at the nurse seriously even though the doctor was doing the bandage.

We sat far enough and waited for them. And my baby for the first time after weeks willingly to be carried by me. Her eyes shone a hope and I thought it was a hope for my wife to hold her again.

The nurse gave my wife a mirror and she opened her eyes. Her smile was so wide and she cried happily. The kids hugged her and she gave them kisses one by one. I followed with Dianne. I gave a warm hug and kissed her on the lips. Dianne laughed happily in the arms of her mother. She did not stop clapping her little hands. My baby was very excited waiting for her mother to come home.

And 2 days later my wife came home. The children and I are very happy. Finally we can pass this last obstacle.

*