short 10

DEAN POV

I was sitting on the chair in her room. The doctor and his team were still checking on her. I was holding the bubbly Dianne. She won't stop clapping, gurgling and squealing.

And the little group was not back yet. Here I thought, where did Allen take them to have lunch? They're not going to the mall, right?

"Mr. West, " dr. Springer called snapping me from my daze. I stood up adjusting Dianne in my embrace. " Mrs. West is okay, now. Her condition is stable. She can go home anytime. "

"thank GOD, " I sighed as I patted Dianne's back.

She faced on Vee and started gurgling again. Somebody was happy to see her.

" I want to discharge her tomorrow, if you let me, " I said.

"no problem, Mr. West, " dr. Springer nodded and called his team. "excuse us. "

I nodded as I saw them closed the door. I glanced at Vee as she tried to cope with her vision. She was weak. Yeah. But maybe because her long sleeping, her eyes had to adjust to the light and all.

"here we come to Mama, " I whispered at Dianne.

I walked ant stopped beside her. I was a bit hesitate to sit on her left side because I was afraid if she didn't want it. She looked at me with her dark eyes.

"you can sit here, " she said slowly as she patted a little space beside her and I sit. "can you place her on me? I miss this Ms. Little butts here. "

I chuckled but I placed Dianne anyway on her. I found a button and the back rest of the bed slightly up so Vee was kinda in sitting position. I couldn't stop my chuckling because all Dianne do was squealing and clapping. She was happy, her mom was awake.

She placed her little hands on her chest first and she made standing position. Her little toes was curly up so she could reach Vee's cheeks. She touched them as she cooed at her with her drooling lips.

Vee was smiling happily. Her eyes were twinkling as she watched the little bubbly trying to stand up and tried to kiss her.

"she misses you," I said.

" I miss you too, little butts, " she said to her as she gave her perpetual kiss all over her face.

Dianne's giggling echoed in the room. I saw Vee tried to sit as she held Dianne securely in her arms. As Vee stopped, Dianne still held her face in her tiny hands.

Her eyes were focused on her nose then moved to her eyes. Her lips opened to say something but it became her lips showed tightly smile.

"what baby? "

"mmm... " and Dianne started her bubbling.

"how did you find me? " Vee looked at me.

"Allen helped me, " I clasped my hands tightly.

"is it okay you come here? "

"why? "

"your mom? And.. Your work? "

"ummm, " my lips mumbled something. "My mom died weeks ago. And my work can wait. I have reliable people work with me. "

"what? How?.... Why? "

I told her everything. She was listening as she held Dianne who faced me. She played her little hands on her feet as she tried to say anything she could.

After long silence, I want to speak anything random to her. But I felt awkward. This was the first meeting her after what? Almost 9 months ago.

" I am sorry, " she trailed whispering.