bonus III

This needs much time 😪

Josephine stretched her body after finishing her shift. Her co worker, a guy came to change with her. She said bye, and went to the employee's room. She changed her clothes, grabbed her sling bag then walked out.

She didn't expect Dan would pick her and he didn't. She looked at her watch. It's 8 pm. Everything turned dark fully so she walked fast to the bus stop. There was a few people waited then the bus came to stop.

She had her seat and leaned her head on the window. Her day is always tiring but she liked it. She loves her job. The local store fortunately was almost full. Why not, they bought their necessity in here but it's not Target or Walmart but people depended on this local store.

She wanted to sleep but she was afraid she would miss her stop. But, her eyes can't fight about this so slowly she fell into deep slumber.

A woman passed by her seat and her bag bumped Josephine's shoulder and it startled her.

"sorry, miss, " the woman said.

" it's fine," Josephine mumbled rubbing her eyes.

She rubbed her face and realized it almost reached her stop. She was the last passenger in the bus so she was alone when she got out.

She tightend her old coat and saw her surrounding. It's autumn but it's already cold. Winter will be came in few weeks, she thought.

She breathed out from her scarf. Her nose is red and she almost can't feel it. It took her 5 blocks to reach Dan's house and her feet already gave up.

" I walked too much today," she muttered.

She heard the engine's car beside her and the window rolled down when she turned her head.

"come on! Get in, " Dan said.

" hey, " Josephine greeted him.

"hey yourself, " he greeted back grinning.

"what? " she finished buckled her seatbelt then looked up at him still grinning.

"noth-, " he correct his words. " it's the first time we are together after work. "

"and you are that happy? " Josephine started to smile.

"why not? Finally I can see you before reaching home, " he said cheekily then grabbed her hand. " I don't know why, but I miss you today. "

"you missed me yesterday, too, " she rolled her eyes.

"nah! Everytime, everyday I always miss you, " he kissed her hand making her chuckled.

This man became weird day by day.

"Annie? "

"oh Mama told me, she would bring her to my house and I think she already arrives. "

"what? So your dad must be.. "

"why are you so scared of my dad? " he chuckled at her reaction.

" I don't know. I don't like the way he stares at me. It's annoying, " she said playing his fingers.

" I thought you found it intimidating. "

"no. He is different. That's it, " she leaned her head into her seat and she fell asleep again.

*
*

They arrived at drive way. Dan thought she would unbuckle her seatbelt so he got out and walked to the front door. Soon he realized that he didn't hear her step so he turned around and found her door not open.