(Lou x Nolan) The beginning:

The Ugly Truth

LOU'S POV:

"Girls, girls! You're really going to let these guys take over after all I've done for you?" I cringed at my own words. "I know I haven't been the greatest, but I deserve a second chance. Look into your hearts, look into your hearts!" I felt the anamatronic dog's teeth clamp harder onto my suit. My ears rang and as I looked around into the crowd, the once adoring eyes that laid upon me showered with hatred. Suddenly, I heard people shout different ways to torture me. Not mentally like I slowly did to them, but physically. They yelled things like, "Tear the stuffing out of him" or "Give him back to the baby." I winced at their words feeling the pain already. Out of the blue, that one weird kid with the ugly sign, (Noah?) spoke.

"I know." A smirk stretched across his imperfect face. His hand was latched onto a rope and he effortlessly tugged it revealing every dolls biggest fear or in my case, my biggest phobia- The washer.
"No, no! NO! PLEASE, THIS SUIT WAS EXPENSIVE! DRY CLEAN ONLY!" I blurted out saying the only thing I knew how to express. I wasn't able to express fear or any emotion correctly unlike the rest of them. I wasn't made to express useless things like that, I was made to never experience happiness or love but to show these dolls how to experience it themselves. The robot stretched its way over and threw me in. The crowd screamed with joy louder than when I performed to them. This couldn't happen. I wouldn't let it! As I ran to the door, it slammed into my face sending me flying.
"Oops! Sorry, Lou! I didn't mean to hurt you, are you alright?" Nolan apologised swiftly.
I stood up and dusted myself off. "Why would you care? Just turn the damn thing on already.." I frowned. The tears welled up in my eyes, or was that just the water dripping from the machine? Nope, definitely my tears. I could see Nolan was giving me a sympathetic look, yet the others were mocking me from a far.
"Listen, I won't turn the machine on if you don't want me to.. The others won't be happy with me, but as long as your happy, Lou, I'm happy." He smiled gently.
What the doll was he on about? He should know that a doll like me is pathetic enough to use the ol' guilt trip move every time. He knows that, right? Even if he does, why does it feel wrong to even think about getting out of the punishment?

NOLAN's POV:

"Just start the machine, Noah. I'm a monster.. I don't deserve your sympathy." Lou threw himself to the floor of the machine and let the tears fall.
"Ah, jeez.. Lou, I hate to see you like this, even if it is fake." His tears really felt like acid burning my skin. It was a weird sensation. For someone who presented himself as perfect, he seemed to have a lot wrong too. I turned around to the heaps of dolls distracted placing pieces of glass back into the portal. A big flash of light projected itself out into the crowd. I took this as a chance to open the machine's door, grab Lou and take him to safety.

"What the doll do you think you are doing?!" Lou gasped. I had picked him up and placed him leaning over my shoulder.
"I'm getting you to safety. Someone may or may not attack you." I panted. I had to get away from the group quickly. Where could I bring him? I don't know where he lives despite him always bragging that he owns the biggest house in the Institute Of Perfection besides, his house might get egged or something and my home wasn't an option. I had no space inside the tiny place.
"Where is safety exactly, Noah?" Lou interrogated me.
"Nolan, actually.. ha ha.. I'm not sure yet, perhaps the supply shed?" I wondered.
"Pffft! Ha! Oh, that's rich. You're going to punish me by making me stay in the place I made those little sock puppets stay, aren't you?!" He psychotically asked.
I stopped in my tracks and removed him from my shoulder finally placing him on the pebble filled floor. We were so close to the shed, I could see it in the horizon.
"Punish? Why would I punish you? That's the whole reason I took you out of the washer, Lou." I titled my head in complete confusion at the accusation. He seemed to hesitate at the question. It was so strange to see him in such a state, I couldn't help but stare. His pale skin was now red around his cheeks and nose from his tears. His hair was all ruffled up from stressing out. His icy blue eyes that once pierced through me were drowning in fear just like he could've been. I shook my head and quickly snapped out of it. His sniffling increased quickly as he reached the reality that the only thing he had ever treasured was taken away from him, the love and respect the dolls fed him.

THIRD PERSON POV:

Nolan reached for his front pocket and searched for a tissue or something to wipe away Lou's tears. Instead, he brought out a blue plaid handkerchief with the letter 'L' in baby blue cursives written in the centre. "Lou, here." Nolan stretched his arm out and looked away. His cheeks faded into pink with embarrassment.
"Is that.." Lou hesitated. "Is that my limited edition-get-it-now-before-it's-all-gone Lou merchandise..?" His icy eyes stared at Nolan in shock. "Why do you of all people have this?"
Nolan turned to face Lou. "It's either take it or leave it. Do you want to look a mess forever?" Nolan quickly spoke squinting his eyes. Lou sniffled again keeping his hands at his sides. He couldn't understand why this unfortunate doll would help someone like him.
"Err.. Thanks, I guess. I don't really know how to react in a situation like this.. what was your name again?" Lou stuttered as he took the fabric from the doll's soft hand and wiped his tears away making the skin under his eyes puffy and red.
Nolan blinked. "Oh, uh. I-It's Nolan, sir. I'm a model slash toy maker.." He stretched his other arm out expecting no hand shake in return. Lou looked at Nolan's hand, up back at his face and back down at the doll's hand. Lou gripped the doll's hand and shook it firmly trying to regain his professional side back.
"Thank you, Nolan. I don't understand why in the world you of all people would want to help me but I appreciate it immensely. I should probably head back to my home to think over.. today's turn of events." He snarled to himself. Lou took a step to his right and started to head away hiding the fact that he was holding onto Nolan's handkerchief.
"You're just going to walk away, just like that? Even after I've helped you?" Nolan asked innocently taking breaks between each question. "You're just going to leave me here?"
Lou stopped in his tracks and slowly took out the fabric. He stood there and stared at it, rubbing the edges with his thumb.
"Well, what do you want me to do?" He spun around. "Let you stay at my house or something?"
Nolan laughed. "Is that a rhetorical question or an offer?" He placed his hands on his hips.
Lou lifted a hand and opened his mouth but nothing came out. "Touché.."
Suddenly, a shout echoed towards them.
"Nolan! Where are you? We're heading to Ugly Ville! We're going to merge our towns, follow the light in the tunnel if you can't find us!"
Lou and Nolan exchanged a glance.
"Well, I better get going.. I hope you lead a better life, Lou. You can keep the handkerchief!" Nolan smiled. He sped past him and waved. Lou slowly lifted his hand with the handkerchief in the other and awkwardly smiled on one side of his face.
"Bye, Nolan.. I hope you live a perfect, Lou -free life.."