(Nolan x Lou) A New Point Of View

The Ugly Truth

LOU's POV:

"Run along then, little Nolan, and fetch me the three girls I need. You know you're getting paid so this is an easy decision for you." I made a shooing gesture.
"Y'know, Lou." Nolan looked down at the floor and shuffled his foot. "I'm not doing it for the ice cream, I'm doing it because I'm nice." He looked up and gave me an awkward smile. He caught me off guard. Whatever he did, I know I made a weird.. shocked face. I stood back, I know I did. He freaked me out a little bit. Like I said before, I don't know how to react in these sort of situations. I was made to experience none of it so to be put in a situation I'm taught to avoid is like trying to learn how to ride a bike. Finally, after what felt like centuries, he left back to the tunnel. I could take back what I wanted. I tried to let out a small, evil laugh but it sounded like a baby giggling.
"I'll.. have to work on that." I took out my mirror and flattened out the bits of hair that began to spring up. This really was such an easy job.

NOLAN's POV:

As I skipped through the tunnel, I couldn't help but laugh at the reaction Lou had to my snarky comment. It's not often I'm like that, but it's always fun to mess around once in awhile. I reached the end and squinted my eyes to allow them to adjust to the rays of light that hugged me tight.
"Nolan! You're back! I missed you!" Moxy attempted to run and give me a hug, but I dodged. She was covered in paint. I guess Lou's cautious personality was rubbing off on me.
"Sorry, Moxy! I don't wanna get my new outfit messy again. I appreciate the gesture!" I smiled gently, put my hands behind my back and began to whistle.
"You want something, don't you?" Moxy slowly announced. She might just be the second wisest doll along side Lucky Bat.
"Me? Want something? Pfft, never!" I bent down to her level and we shared a laugh.
"Yeah, I need to talk to Kitty, Lydia and Tuesday. Do you know where I can find them?" I asked.
"Of course, Nolan. They should be near the house. The last time I saw them, they were doing a great job messing around with the paint!" She turned and continued to paint the fence purple.
"Thanks, Moxy! You're the greatest!" When I ran back up the stairs, I saw that the crowd in front of me had started another musical number. "Oh my doll.. here we go again!.." I yelped as I was pulled into the crowd and suddenly memorised all the words. Eventually, the song ended around four minutes later and I could finally take a breath. I was able to catch a glimpse of blue and pink hair and was able to identify the two girls almost instantly. I rushed up to them and tapped the girl with her hair styled on her shoulder.
"Hm? Oh, hi Nolan. It's nice to see you again." Kitty cheerfully said. It was so strange to see her change of heart but that didn't matter. I needed to do that favour.
"Kitty, I think I saw someone in the Institute Of Perfection stealing your make up kit. Yours too, Tuesday." I rushed my words and almost broke into a mumble. The girls tilted their heads at me.
"And how would you know that?" Tuesday smirked.
"I went there myself to go fetch something from my house, but I couldn't find it so when I went outside to look around, I saw a figure in all black jumping around with a pink, glittery bag with 'Kitty' written on it!" I couldn't keep up with myself and had to catch my breath. The girls turned to look at each other and then down at me hunched over.
"It was probably just Lou searching through our houses. He does that to everyone once the old dolls move out and he takes their stuff to recycling. There's nothing we can't replace, Nolan, so don't worry about it!" Kitty flapped her hand around and rolled her eyes in a kind gesture.
"He does WHAT?!" I yelled. "No way! This can't happen. He can't see my room!"
Tuesday and Kitty exchanged another strange look when Lydia came strolling in.
"Hey, dolls! What's happening?" Lydia folded her arms.
"Well, Nolan came over to warn us that someone was stealing our stuff and now he's freaking out about it." Kitty summarised the situation looking completely confused.
"Aww, it's alright, doll. We can help you clear your room if you're so stressed about it. Would that clear your mind?" Lydia put her hand on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring glance. This was a perfect opportunity to get them to Lou!
"Thank you, Lydia. I would appreciate that!" I took her hand and the four of us ran back through the darkness and into the old, dystopian world.

LOU's POV:

I waited by the side of the tunnel waiting impatiently for the dolls return. I stared at my watch until I heard the footsteps clanking onto the floor. I quickly climbed on top of the metal tunnel ready to close the door so they had no choice but to stay.
"This tunnel is still as greasy and long as ever.." I heard Lydia complain.
"That tunnel is our only transport to home, Lydia. Be respectful! Tuesday argued back.
"Be respectful, Lydia! Be respectful! Bleh.." I repeated mockingly under my breath and laughed a little. When the dolls feet met the ground, so did the metal door. I stood on the metal tunnels roof to give off a dramatic effect and mainly to make myself even more intimidating than I already am.
"Lou? What are you doing here?" Tuesday annoyingly asked.
"Well, what do you think, precious, young Tuesday?" I jumped down from my previous position, circled the group and placed my finger under Tuesday's chin. I looked at each of the group members face and Nolan seemed to look the angriest which made me smirk in return. "You left me here all alone without even a play mate so now I need you all to do something for me for each of you to leave safely."
"Safely? What do you mean safely?!" Nolan yelled into my face.
"Oh, naïve Nolan. I told you that you were too innocent. We never said anything about anyone not getting hurt in our deal. Did we?" I began to circle them once again.
"No, I guess we didn't.. Gah, I'm so stupid!" He gasped and facepalmed.
"What is he on about, Nolan? What deal?" Lydia growled. Her anger began to boil over.
"I thought I was just being nice and helping him out but I guess I am just too naïve and fell into his stupid mind games!" His voice cracked with sadness and once more, I felt the strange pain in my chest. The girls began to attack the doll with anger and regret. I couldn't hear a word they said. The same ringing came back and my heart raced. I think I was experiencing some type of anxiety. Nevertheless, I came back to my senses and managed to snap out of it.
"Girls, girls. Don't attack poor Nowan." I squished his face together and mocked him with a baby voice. He shook himself free. Something about his anger made me feel something I couldn't identify. I couldn't choose to ignore it. It was another dumb pain I couldn't ignore. It made me want to roll around and squeal with happiness. Disgusting. I think the girls realised they wouldn't get out of here without a few scars unless they did as they were told because of the glances they gave each other. "Clearly, you've all realised you won't be able to escape unless you do what I want, right?" I stood with my arms behind my back. They nodded in response. "Good. Then we can get started. You lot are way too easy! Haha!"