(Nolan x Lou) The Dance Off

The Ugly Truth

LOU's POV:

With one hand, I reached into my pocket for the shard. I winced. A sharp pain jabbed into the side of my hand. There it was.. I grabbed the shard and held it in front of me. Oh for fuck sake.. I can't deal with stupid cuts and bruises right now.
"Is this what you want?" My voice echoed and my arm jolted up to reveal the glass shard. It shone and glimmered in the sunlight. The screaming voices behind me were eradicated immediately. My ocean eyes searched the scene and I took a mental note that everyone had their eyes on me- Just like how it used to be. Although this setting seemed so, so familiar, I couldn't help but notice the butterflies in my stomach. It seemed like months since I had been last under control. It was terrifying how easily the stupid plan I desperately wanted to reverse actually worked.. I opened my mouth but only a pitiful squeak came out. I felt my heart rate pick up rapidly and my body quivered. I had no idea what to say until Nolan squeezed the hand that was holding him up. It was almost like a single touch could transfer all the knowledge in the world. I quickly took a glance at his emerald green and magenta purple eyes and back to the demanding crowd. "Is this what you want?" I repeated again with more force in my voice. "Are you dolls selfish enough to take someone's comfort and safety for your own happiness?"
"Hey- Hey! What are you doing?" Ox's country accent rung in my ears. I could hear his foot steps thumping closer quickly. He was so predictable.
"I won't repeat myself again. Is this what you want?!" I stepped forward and yelled into the crowd.
"Yes!"
I smirked. "Good."

NOLAN'S POV:

Ox's footsteps we're getting awfully closer. Each step made my heart beat quicken. I heard Lou's shoe shuffle on the floor and when I looked up to ask what he was doing, I met his ocean eyes. He was always going to be three steps ahead of me.
"Are you ready to dance?" Lou smirked. I nodded my head determined to follow along with whatever plan he had. "3..2..1.. Now!" Lou swirled me around and pulled me in close. In the corner of my eye, I saw a green blob come flying past me and land face first into the crowd. Almost every doll inside gasped.
"Pffft.. BAHAHAHH." Lou laughed uncontrollably. Ox picked himself back up and glared menacingly.
"Oh? So you want to play like that, huh? Bring it on!" Ox challenged. He lunged forwards attempting to hit Lou's legs over but all Lou did was twirl both of us around making the stuffed animal miss by a mile. Being the centre of attention usually makes me uncomfortable but.. being on the stage dancing this terrible day away with the one person I know I could make mistakes with made me forget anyone else was there in the first place. I knew I could enjoy myself even if this was a situation that could damage my reputation. Ox tried again and again and again but each time, he failed and only exhausted himself out. Ox tried one last time but only managed to get a tiny little jump out of himself and immediately flopped to the ground. Lou stopped dancing with me quickly, spun me around and let go of my hand. I continued spinning until I slowed down. Everything was in slow motion. The dolls in the centre were all blabbering on about what just happened in front of them, Lou was crouched over Ox and the girls in the back were standing with their hands either covering their eyes or mouth. Every little movement appeared to not faze any of the dolls. They didn't even notice me. It didn't feel real. I noticed every detail of the peculiar yet dangerous place we dolls lived in. I snapped myself out of it and everything returned back to normal. It's strange. We're so small in this big world yet any tiny action can cause a massive side effect. Think about it- None of this would've happened if an insecure, multi-coloured boy didn't save a knight in damaged armour. My emerald and magenta eyes met Lou's golden hair. I'm infatuated with this boy. Even after everything that's happened to us, I don't regret a single bit of it.