(Nolan x Lou) Trip there and back

The Ugly Truth

LOU'S POV:

For the next few days, I spent all of my time day dreaming about the endless possibilities that lay past the wall, eating to get my energy up or taking a walk through the connected institute. The dolls would be all staring at me and start whispering. So this is what it feel like to be an outcast, huh? They must think I'm going crazy from the seems of it. Night time strolled by quickly and I was restless. I believed that everything would be fine in the morning. A quick trip there and back would solve everything. And obviously beat Micheal up if I get the chance to.. Even with my restless mind running all over the place, I managed to drift off into a deep sleep. It felt like only a second I had experienced bliss because the next thing I knew, I had a whole gang banging on my door. I quickly got ready as quickly as I could. I threw on a white, button up shirt, black trousers, black and white converse, a golden watch and Nolan's black jacket.. I rushed down the stairs ecstatic to see The Spy Girls, Mandy,  The Uglydolls and a few people I didn't recognise lined up together outside of my door with tools to climb over the gate. I twisted my body around to slowly close the door managing to let out a tiny squeak instead of a big bang. The three girls had already threw their hooks and rope over the walls and had  climbed over. One by one, we escaped our prison and set ourselves free. When it was my turn, I didn't know what to expect. I hadn't seen anything but grey stones and blue skies all my life so when I made my way out of that world and entered a new one, it was all a big shocker. When they say the grass is always greener on the other side, I didn't think they meant it! There was a pond with some cool, orange looking fish and flowers. Flowers everywhere. In the distance there were mountains peaking up high in order to reach the sky. In front of us was a yellow-ish trail or path made of hay but no footprints. We all looked at each other in amazement. We'd all seen some crazy things in our lives but this obviously topped all of it. Without saying a word, we instinctively followed the trail putting all of our trust into it.

NOLAN's POV:

Dear Diary,

There were goats. Goats eating flowers. Goats trampling on possible bouquets of pale tulips, pink roses and a type of blue plant I couldn't identify.I wish those goats would've trampled on me and ended my suffering... I got a good look around thanks to the fact that I wasn't blindfolded and severely suffocated. Miles and miles of spiky yet delicate green grass that sprouted out of the ground at different paces. Me and the other prisoners were all connected together by handcuffs and chains that stuck to our wrists. The view really was something. It was the only good thing to actually happen to me in a couple of days. I haven't eaten anything. I haven't seen what I look like but the other prisoners have told me that I've started to look like a skeleton. I'm really skinny to the point where I think it's dangerous. Micheal has been really pushing me to the limits. It's only been a few days but I'm already going insane. I don't know how many more days I can take putting on a smile that stretches all the way to my ears just to keep myself safe. I can't pretend to be nice to these guys or I'm going to end up ripping my own arm off.

-Nolan xx

|