(Nolan x Lou) Admitting it

The Ugly Truth

LOU's POV:

I turned my focus away from my sudden embarrassment and anxiety to the girls who cheered and praised me.
"Thank you, thank you! But don't just praise me, Nolan joined in too!" I excitedly pointed out. I noticed him jump at the mention of his name come out of my mouth. The girls chanted his and my name.
"It was nothing, really! I wouldn't have done it if Lou didn't force me into it." He laughed uncomfortably. The girls giggled while walking off and I heard them begin to gossip as their voices faded away. I instantly gave Nolan all my attention and walked over to him.
"I uh.. Took your advice on singing on stage more. I really do love performing for people, it's just that.. no one really appreciates my voice as much as they used to. The more I became a role model, the more people became attracted to me and didn't really take notice of any of the hard work I put into entertaining and teaching them." I admitted. "I took advantage of the people who crushed on me for my looks which seemed to be about almost everyone because I knew no one would like me for my psychopathic personality. I was constantly clouded with doubt and the thought of 'Pretty makes perfect' corrupted me. I was jealous of all the dolls who were unique, like you, but.. now that you've helped me, the clouds have cleared and I realise it's not all about the looks, it's about who's under the skin and I want to learn a lot more about who's under your skin, Nolan. I don't want you to feel left out any longer."
The look of relief glimmered in his already sparkly eyes. He sighed and hugged me tight.
"Thank you, Lou. I knew deep down that even though every now and again you'll have strong emotional breakdowns, that you were imperfect and improving every day. I just knew that you would change for the better!" Nolan squeezed me tighter to express how proud of me he was. The girls were waiting for Nolan to hurry up but they seemed to be enjoying the scene unfold. I gave Nolan's hair a soft stroke and wished him goodnight. I waved and watched him run away all flustered to the girls who were freaking out about my unexpected gesture. As they walked into the shadows, I felt an uncomfortable sadness at the pit of my stomach. My waving slowed down and my mind flashed pictures of him. I missed him badly for some reason and wanted him back in my arms. For some reason, I couldn't work out the reason for this weird activity. I pushed it away and headed for the back of the stage to shut it all down.

NOLAN's POV:

"Nolan! What was that all about?" Kitty exclaimed excitedly.
"Is there some secret romance going on between the scenes of something?" Lydia purred.
"TELL US YOUR SECRETS, NOLAN! SPILL THE BEANS!" Tuesday screeched and twitched dramatically.
"There's nothing going on! I don't understand why you girls are so invested on finding out about my relationship with Lou!" I pushed them away all flustered. My face was burning up and my eyes kept darting away from their amused glances.
"He said relationship! They're dating!" Tuesday teased.
"Oo-ooh" The girls laughed. I hid my embarrassed face in my hands and screamed. I wanted to be anywhere but there. Perhaps with Lou? No! That would prove their point.
"He totes has a crush on Lou." Lydia stated and she kept staring at me expecting a reaction. I swung my head over to defend myself.
"No I don't! Don't just assume something like that, Lydia! I don't want rumours to spread- Kitty, tell her!" I desperately yelled.
"He defo has a crush on Lou, Lydia. He's got it bad." Kitty agreed as she eyed me up and down. I hid my face and screamed again. I ran ahead with the laughing girls behind me.
I don't usually sing but I noticed that it's oddly relaxing. I thought I'd give it a try to get rid of my embarrassment. "If there's a prize for rotten judgment.. I think I've already won that. My head is screaming, get a grip, dude! Unless you're dying to cry your heart out!" The girls behind me began to harmonise and sing along to make fun of me further. Tuesday ran up to me somehow dressed up to imitate Lou and handed me a lily. I sighed and imagined some sort of scene where he gives me a flower and confesses. I quickly snapped out of it and threw the flower away.
"You swoon, you sigh. Why deny it- Uh Oh!" The girls teased.
"It's too cliché, I won't say I'm in love!" I glared at the group who mocked me mercilessly.
"He's the Earth and Heaven to you. Try to keep it hidden. We know who you're thinking of!" The girls have me a knowing stare.
I paused to think about the chances of him having feelings for me, but the idea of Lou having the slightest feelings for me was impossible. If he didn't like me before, he wouldn't like me now. "No! No, no! No chance, no way. I won't say it! No! No!" I turned around and gave a warning stare to the girls. "Get off my case, I won't say it!"
The girls reassuringly sung, "Dude, don't be proud. It's okay you're in love."
I ran to pick up the flower and turned it around in my hands. I couldn't deny it forever. I did feel something when I was near him. "Ah.. at least out loud.." I paused to look at the girls and give them an admitting glance. "I won't say I'm in.. love.."

(Song: I won't say I'm in love by Disney -Hercules-)