(Nolan x Lou) Beaten into Submission

The Ugly Truth

LOU'S POV:

When I woke up in the morning, I checked the time that seemed to never end. I had overslept. It didn't really matter in the end seeing as no one wanted to see me anyway. I looked around at my surroundings expecting and hoping to see Nolan but the place was trashed and the front door was left wide open. My heart dropped. I rushed to see if Nolan was safe in his room, but he was no where to be seen. I looked out of his small window and saw a crowd of dolls heading towards the centre.
"Bingo.." I whispered. I charged into his wardrobe and rummaged through to find a jacket or something to hide my face. Eventually, I found a black, silk jacket that perfectly covered all features that could identify me. I chucked on the jacket and rushed to the square.

NOLAN'S POV:

They were hurting me. I was tied up on a post while Ox and a few other dolls hit me.
"Traitor!"
"Liar."
"Scumbag!"
"Goody-two shoes!"
They called me names of all sorts. I thought all dolls were meant to be equal but apparently helping an outcast makes you less of a person. They continuously hit me over and over again until I was unconscious. I only woke up when they hit me ten times harder. Then I heard him.
"Let him go, you psychopaths!" Lou's voice echoed. My heart was pounding. I couldn't tell if it was fear or if it was that fact that he cared to help me despite everything. He let the hood fall from his golden hair and revealed his godly face.
"Lou! You know you are an outcast. Tell us. We'd love to hear your side of the story. Why were you hiding away in Nolan's house?" Ox interrogated Lou. The question seemed to go through one ear and out the next.
"I'll be doing the talking." He began.. "I have the last piece of glass for the portal. You can either let Nolan go or I will smash your future into tiny grains!" Everyone in the centre gasped. Ox seemed hesitant at first but his attitude quickly changed into desperation.
"You hold a good bargain. How about you hand over the shard first, then we'll have a deal?" Ox began walking on thin ice. Pushing Lou's buttons was never a good idea. I learnt that but clearly people need a reminder.
"Nolan first or you can spend the rest of your days searching for the glass, bean bag." Lou ordered. I smirked at Ox. He had backed himself into a dead end. He had no choice but to agree or he would be the one at fault. Out of no where, Mandy and Moxy appeared and stopped dead in their tracks.
"What the doll is going on here?!" Moxy screamed in horror. Mandy came running up to me and swiftly untied me. I could've cared less about myself in that very second. All I cared about was Lou. While Ox and Moxy argued behind me, Lou came calmly up to me. Honestly, it's quite scary how calm he was in that moment. He placed his hand on my beaten face and hugged me tight. It was an awkward hug seeing as I was beaten up all over. He clearly didn't want to harm me.. A few people in the crowd gasped. I had completely forgotten how Lou acted before. Cold, dominant, not open to talk to anyone at all. Then he whispered in my ear.
"I'm so sorry, baby.. I didn't want this to happen to you at all.."