(Nolan x Lou) Restless Night

The Ugly Truth

KITTY's POV:

My heart dropped. Nolan's silent tears tugged at my heart strings. I didn't know how to react. I'm a thief, not a therapist. I may have changed the way I look at people but I haven't changed being the same snappy Kitty. I jumped down from the metal tunnel's roof and hesitated.
"Uh.. Nolan.. please don't cry.." I paused with uncertainty.
"Well, what do you want him to do, Doll? Bottle up his emotions? You definitely know a lot about that." Lydia barked angrily.
"That's not what I meant, Lydia. You know you don't want frown lines!" I hissed.
"No, no! It's fine. I get what she means, Lydia. Not everyone is natural around emotional support." Nolan sniffed as he wiped away his tears.
"There, there. Let it all out..." Tuesday slowly whispered.

LOU's POV:

I watched the dolls in their most emotional forms. I inhaled. The despair molecules that floated around in the air hit the back of my throat and filled me with happiness. It was almost addicting. I exhaled and let a small laugh out. I walked away from the window and finished off the drink I had made for myself and washed up the rest of the cups. Once I was done, I checked on the dolls again and they were drawing a plan into the dirt.
"This is depressing.. What are they doing?" I mumbled in confusion. I moved around to try and get a glimpse from afar but couldn't see anything. "Oh great. I'll have to talk to people. I don't want them to figure anything out too soon." I scoffed. I sped walked out of the kitchen to the front door and opened it allowing the sunlight to hit my skin. The dolls noticed me almost immediately.
"Oh, hi Lou!" Nolan cheerfully waved. The girls just folded their arms and gave me a dirty look.
"Oh, don't be like that girls. If you're not going to be happy around me, how am I supposed to help you out of here to do my tasks?" I innocently asked.
"Do you think this is some game?" Lydia replied.
"I know so." I pointed at my head. "Anyway, what are you guys up to?"
"We're planning on making a machine to remove the lid on that stupid tunnel." Tuesday snapped quickly making an attempt to shut me up.
"Ah. Fascinating." I stared at the back of her head to make her feel uncomfortable. "I'll watch from a far. Wouldn't want to spoil your plans!"
I ran and sat on a nearby bench, far enough to almost see nothing but close enough to hear them talk. They brought supplies and planned until sundown. I sipped on a cold lemonade and calmly watched them through my sunglasses. I leant over the bench and grabbed a megaphone which was conveniently next to me. "Alright, dolls. It's best for you to rest your fragile, little heads! Not you, Nolan. I need to talk to you quickly." I yelled through the megaphone.
"Nolan.. He's got an obsession with you." I was just about to make out the words Tuesday jealously announced.
Nolan came strolling over, completely worn out from all the drawing and sawing.
"What do you need, Lou?" Nolan huffed. I jumped off the bench and placed my drink and glasses on the wood. I turned towards him and gave him a hug. Once I let go, he looked confused and shocked.
"You know, you've truly been a treat to watch. I really am going to miss you when you decide to leave. Thankfully for me, that won't be for awhile!" I laughed innocently. I glanced at him and he returned the laugh with an awkward smile and I knew something was up.
"Lou, I do have to go back at some point. I do have a life. I miss Mandy and Micheal. They're like a family to me. Mandy is the mother figure and Micheal is my best friend but he acts as if we are brothers.." Nolan mumbled thoughtfully. I began to feel something at the pit of my stomach. I felt really bad for putting him through all this torment.
Nolan noticed the pain and regret on my face and probably wanted to see how far he could push my buttons. "Micheal really is a nice guy. He treats me with kindness and is such a generous person overall. I really wish I could just go home and watch our favourite show together."
All the guilt I had felt before melted away like a candle burning with rage. I decided to bite my tongue. "Go to bed, Nolan. I don't want hear another word about him." Nolan didn't respond at all. No pause, no dramatic sighs, no turning around. Nothing. He just kept walking in the direction the girls went. Just like I should've done earlier, I kicked the rocks all the way to my house to stay inside.

THIRD PERSON POV:

As sundown slowly turned into night time, four dolls slept peacefully with almost no worries in mind while on the other side of Perfection, the mentally unstable leader tossed and turned unable to put his mind at rest. Everything he did seemed to energise him more and more. His golden hair was all ruffled up and it shone in the moonlight that reflected through the window. The bronze statue of himself stared down at him in pity knowing exactly who he was thinking of.

LOU's POV:

I rolled around in my bed fit for a king and couldn't get to sleep. I had Nolan stuck on my mind for whatever reason. I huffed and looked at my alarm clock. In red, it flashed the time. "Only 2:07 A.M?.." I whispered in frustration and placed my hands on my face. I wanted to call him so desperately but I didn't want to wake him. I didn't know what to do in the time being. I could wander the streets with no worries, I could search through the attic and see what other trash I could find, I could do whatever I wanted without any fear of being judged but instead, I was stuck at 2:07 A.M thinking about a doll I have insulted more than I could count. I decided to search through the doll files I have collected over time to find Mandy and Micheal's details and contact them in the morning. I mean, searching through the thousands of files would take me a couple hours at the very least. As long as it took my mind off of Nolan, I was all for it.

THIRD PERSON POV:

Lou searched through the dusty and old files to the clean and spanking new files. He laughed at a few of the names the program had given them and frowned at the ones that had left him for a bunch of stuffed animals. He searched through all files under the label 'M' and eventually found both of his targeted dolls. He put his phone on charge and set a reminder to call the two as soon as dawn rolled around. Forgetting who he was thinking about, he went back to being able to sleep like a baby. Across from Lou's mansion in the large doll neighbourhood, Nolan was sound asleep in Kitty's living room once again. His head was gently placed on a pillow and he was wrapped in a thin, fluffy blanket. His mind was was in another place. He dreamt of being trapped in a cage while Lou hugged the bars surrounding Nolan. Lou's hug was so tight that it began to break and dent the bars keeping the distance between the two dolls. Nolan sat up and gasped in fear. He felt like he had just run a marathon and lost anyway despite him trying. He led his head back down with Lou on his mind. He was terrified of going back to sleep. What if Lou tried to hurt him again in his sleep? Soon, Nolan's worrying wore him out and sent him into another deep sleep.