(Nolan x Lou) I have a confession to make..

The Ugly Truth

THIRD PERSON POV:

"What would you do if I kissed you now?" Nolan whispered under his breath half expecting no one to hear.
"Haha.. what?.." Lou let out his signature laugh and turned away from the girls giving Nolan his full attention. "What did you say, Nolan?"
Lou's firm stare burned into Nolan's skin. He knew deep down that no matter how much he wanted to ignore the feeling, he couldn't.
"Um- What would you do if Ox didn't miss you just now?" Nolan awkwardly asked. "Not that I'm misjudging you or saying you're not capable of defending yourself or anything like that!"
Lou gave him a confused, side-wards glance. When he spoke, he used a tone that said 'I know what you said, I just wanted you to repeat it' written all over it.
"What a peculiar question to ask, Nol. I'd probably be on the floor, but I'd get him in the end. Obviously."
Nolan's heart skipped two beats.
"He knows!.." He thought.

NOLAN's POV:

When the area cleared and not another doll was in sight, it gave off a peaceful vibe. It was a sensation that made sure when you breathed in the fresh air, all stress would melt away. The vibe was broken immediately when Lou shoved me against the wall and slammed his hand next to my head blocking me in. He looked me up and down and waited for my response. My cheeks flushed immediately and my eyes widened. This wasn't a friend thing to do. This wasn't a friend thing to do. This wasn't a friend thing to do!
"Do it." Lou commanded with a straight face.
"Am I supposed to know what that means, Louis??" I curiously retorted.
"Don't play dumb with me, Nol. You know what you said earlier. Do it." He kept a straight face which was almost menacing but behind all of this, I could hear how desperate he was for me to understand what he knew. When I realised what he was blabbering on about, my face flushed twice as red as before.
"I- um.. I didn't mean.." I stuttered attempting to find an excuse for my stupid mistake.
"You didn't mean what you said or you didn't mean for me to hear what you said?" He sounded deeply offended. The tension in the air was thick. No matter what I did now, this would permanently destroy our friendship whether it be a positive or a negative thing. I couldn't respond. "And I was stupid enough to think you actually fell for me too.." Lou mumbled and nodded.
He slowly slid his hand off the wall and spun around to head to wherever home was to him but for the first time in... ever, I took control of the situation. I gripped onto his wrist and spun his body around to face me.
"So.. I'm not the only one that feels butterflies when I look at you.." I softly purred. We exchanged a gaze into each others eyes. The lapis lazuli tint Lou's eyes had to them shared a story so deep that it felt like no one other than me could understand. It almost as if they were made for me. I took one quick glance at his soft lips and leaned in.

LOU's POV:

The kiss we shared in that special moment was gentle and soft. It lasted for who knows how long. It was obvious we were both waiting for the other to make the first move if we were this eager. I had to break apart the kiss to breathe and when I did, I was able to get a good look at Nolan's face. He was all red which showed off his freckles more and his eyes sparkled when they were looking in my direction. There was no one else out there in this world who could give me butterflies the way he does.
"Nolan.. I don't think we're 'friends', are we?" I laughed.
I didn't need him to respond when I had his sweet smile to do that for me.