(Nolan x Lou) Forced judgement

The Ugly Truth

NOLAN'S POV:

The splintering post that kept me in an uncomfortable position prevented me from moving properly. However, Lou embraced me, not too tight to cause more pain to my wounds, but tight enough to make me feel safe. My eyes welled up with tears and a million senses hit me all at once. I had done nothing right from the time I first met Lou to where I am now. I had jammed myself into something that shouldn't have happened in the first place. All the guilt, shame and realisation came back to me all at once but despite my common sense coming back to me, I still felt sympathy and love for him. I cared too much to hurt him. I knew that wasn't me. I looked into the circle that trapped heaps of people inside and looked at how judgmental they looked apart from three. It was almost as if I could hear their thoughts. They tormented me. My mind was swirling. My body didn't feel like mine. It was almost an out of body experience where I couldn't control anything I did, said or thought. Then I accidentally blurted out the last thing I could've said.
"I don't know why I helped you on that one day.. You're nothing but trouble." My voice shook. I let my pride and the judgement of others get the best of me. In the corner of my eye, I caught Kitty, Tuesday and Lydia give each other a sort of look that I couldn't read. It was either a look of shock or a look where they knew this would happen at some point. My heart felt like it was being squeezed from the fear and embarrassment I felt. My ears were ringing and despite all the yelling from the crowd, I could hear Moxy, Mandy and Ox violently arguing with each other. I felt Lou smile instead of frown- he didn't let go of me even after what I said. "Didn't you hear me? You're nothing but trouble! I don't want anything to do with you!" I screamed. I tried my hardest to shove Lou away but he kept his grip on me. I proceeded to push and beat him in a desperate attempt to distance myself but nothing I did worked. Eventually, I tired myself out and my wounds stung. I let my arms flop down and the water in my eyes met the touch of my skin. I felt a hand place itself on my messy hair and stroke it. Lou's low voice shushed me in a rhythm that instantly sent me into a hypnotised and relaxed state.

LOU'S POV:

He was being hysterical. That's all. I had a crowd watching at this point. All the drama had died down apart from the verbal fight in the back. You could hear the back and fourth blabbering from a mile away.
"You're ridiculous, Ox! What were you going to do with him? Cast him away?! This is the institute of IMPERFECTION for dolls sake!" Moxy cried. You could hear it in her voice that she was in a desperate need to understand the situation and reason behind Ox's idiotic decision making skills. There are plenty of words I could use to describe that disgusting excuse of a bean bag. Not only did he physically hurt Nolan, but mentally as well. Who knows what type of damage that could do to him? I prayed that what Nolan had said was just an impulse to the trauma he had just experienced. I needed a miracle to solve any issues he had now. Before all this isolation business, I had basically bullied him into an insecurity and everyone followed my lead. Now, it's starting all over again.
"When you close that door, you'll see.." I sung quietly in his ear. "You're unhinged, you're just like me.."