(Nolan x Lou) Blossoming relationships

The Ugly Truth

NOLAN's POV:

I sat in the corner of the room and shuffled the deck of cards over and over. The sound of the cardboard rubbing together satisfied and calmed me. Kitty and Lydia had fallen asleep on the sofa together with a soft, pale brown blanket covering them. The fire was blazing and I could barely keep my eyes open myself. Then, I heard the door bang exactly three times. I thrusted myself onto my feet and rushed to the oak door. I looked around the peep hole and saw the same familiar hair. "Tuesday, what are you doing back so late?! It's almost two in the morning! We all started taking shifts after you left because we were so worried!" I whisper-yelled at her. I stretched my arms into an embrace around her shivering body and let the tears that streamed down her red face soak into my jacket.
"I walked over to Lou's house and.. and he let me in and he.. he made coffee and tricked me and.. he.. he's blackmailing me and almost kissed me as in a threat and.. he's using the information against me. I have to do as he says!" After every break, Tuesday sniffed and carried on whisper crying. Her crying brought back memories of the day before. I couldn't even tell the difference between Lou being genuine and acting at this point. I walked over and picked up one of the folded blankets that I had been sitting on and passed it to her. She entered the room and closed the door. She looked exhausted. Her eyes were dark and baggy and the sparkle that was once in her eyes had gone dull.
"Try and get some sleep. Don't let what he said bother you. I'm sure the information wasn't that bad. " I tried to say in the most comforting tone possible. As she was about to sit on the spare sofa, she turned to face me.
"Do you know what I told him? That information that he holds against me like a puppet on strings could ruin me, Nolan! You don't understand!" She loudly whispered attempting not to wake the girls as she glanced over. "I told him I was bisexual!"
"You what?" I gasped. I stood in shock. I didn't know how to react. "Tuesday, that's great! I'm so glad you told me!"
"I had no choice, Nolan. It's either I told you or he humiliates me. I don't want to take that chance." She mumbled as she flattened the blanket out and led down on it. I sighed and led down on the spare blanket that was placed on the carpet.
"Goodnight, Tuesday." I slowly drifted off and the next thing I knew, there was a knock at the door.

LOU's POV:

"Rise and shine, sleepy heads! We have lots of work to do!" I sung. The first one at the door was Nolan. His hair was sticking up, his eyes were baggy as he rubbed his left eye and when he saw me, he slammed the door right in my face.
"Go away, Lou. The girls are trying to sleep. We don't have time for your bullshi-" I cut him off with another knock at the door.
"Ooh, would you look at the time? It's time to get the hell out of bed! Hurry up. I promised you ice cream, you're going to get it." I leaned against the door and fell back when Nolan opened it fully prepared to go.
"You said ice cream, I say let's go already." He jumped over my body and put his arm out for me to grab.
"There's something about you that I just don't understand, Nolan." I slowly said as I grabbed his hand and dusted myself off. He quietly closed the door and skipped off. Watching him act like everything was fine was weird. I enjoyed watching him enjoy life.
"So... good morning I'm guessing?" I awkwardly asked. Nolan tried to smile but I could tell he was uncomfortable.
"Yeah." He replied quickly.
"What type of ice cream do you like?" I asked trying to keep the conversation going.
"Listen, Louis." I shuddered at the thought of him saying my full name so sternly. "I know what you did to Tuesday last night. You put on a good show but you are really just as malicious as you've always been so quit trying to talk to me and let me get my mint chocolate chip ice cream." Most of the walk was silent after that. I couldn't help but glance at him every now and again. Something urged me to mess with him or something. I decided to do the old stretch move, but as the motion got clumsier and the atmosphere became more awkward, I ended up pushing him into an oncoming bush instead.
"Sorry! I don't know what happened. My body kind of just freaked out." I quickly yelped and tried to search for him through the bush. Eventually, I felt a leg and dragged him out. He had leaves all in his hair and a cut dragged down his cheek with stuffing escaping from. "Oh, god! Are you alright?!" Hhhh.. OF COURSE HE ISN'T ALRIGHT, HE'S LOSING STUFFING YOU IMBECILE! HELP HIM!
"What the doll is wrong with you Lou?! Can't I just simply walk without you attacking me verbally or physically?" Nolan yelled at me. I crouched down and brought the handkerchief out to wipe away the escaping fluff. He didn't seem to push me away so I assumed he was silently thanking me. I held the cloth at his cheek and he placed his hand on mine. I don't know what this feeling was but my heart sort of stopped. He was making this angry face but I felt like I couldn't laugh at it anymore, I felt as if I could stare at his imperfections all day. I removed my hand out of fear and let him keep the cloth as we finally reached the ice cream stall.
"Take whatever you want. You don't have to pay seeing as there is no one here anymore." I bluntly said as I looked around paranoid for anyone trying to escape or enter the area.

THIRD PERSON POV:

After Nolan finally got his ice cream, he began to relax. 'Perhaps Lou isn't so bad after all..' He thought. Nolan took the handkerchief off of his face and looked at the sheet of fabric and noticed the puddle of stuffing on it.
"Oh my doll, that's bad!" Lou yelled and looked away.
"Is it that bad? I can't feel a thing." Nolan shrugged and continued to eat his ice cream.
"Oh my doll. The girls are going to kill me.. they're really going to get the whole of imperfection to rip the stuffing out of me and once I'm dead, they'll feed me to the dog! Oh my DOLL. I CAN't LET THIS HAPPEN!" Lou screamed as he fanned himself. Nolan watched seeming to enjoy the view.
"You're so dramatic, blondie." Nolan laughed as a little bit of fluff rolled off his cheek. Lou stormed towards the boy and shoved his mirror he keeps somehow on hand into Nolan's sight.
"You're so dramatic, blondie. Oh, shut up, Nolan. By the look of your face, I can see you're freaking out now too!" Lou mocked menacingly. Nolan dropped his half eaten ice cream and began to inhale and exhale quickly. Lou hid his mirror and looked down on the doll.
"I'm no expert, but I can try to stitch you up. My med-kit is back at my house, we won't have to travel far!" Lou strained his voice trying to keep eye contact. He couldn't stand the look of the wound on Nolan's face. Nolan nodded.
"I'm a little light headed.. you'll have to help me. I don't want to faint and make things worse." He huffed.
"Climb on my back, Nolan. I'll carry you there if that makes you feel better." Lou calmly said. Nolan struggled to climb on the fall figure's back but as soon as he did, they were able to start to travel to Lou's house.