(Nolan x Lou) Jealous

The Ugly Truth

LOU'S POV:

The crowd was screaming and cheering the four of our names. The music began and I gulped down the lump in my throat. For the first time in my life, I was petrified. Petrified beyond the point of repair. Petrified past any coping mechanism. I was shaking in my spot in the centre of the stage and my thoughts flooded my mind. I fished around the crowd with my eyes desperately trying to find Nolan and when I did, everything cleared. I took a deep breath and began to sing.
"I turn my cheek music up and I'm puffing my chest.. it's my right to be hellish- I still get jealous!"

You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation so fast. Where we left off, I called Moxy about our song choice and.. this is what happened.

"Oh, hey Lou! What's up?" Moxy cheerily welcomed.
"I have a better idea for the performance.. Mind if I share you the details?" I gritted my teeth thinking about the awful memory again.
"Yeah, yeah. Of course. Go ahead!" She insisted. I explained the situation without going into too many details. Moxy seemed to get the gist of it quite quickly and noted down everything I said. We only had a few days up to a week left until we started the performances. We'd have to work hard and quickly to get this done but as me and Moxy both know, neither of us give in easily. I sent her my regards and ended the call with a satisfied sigh. I honestly believe that the universe hates my guts because any time I feel relaxed and calm, I see sly little Micheal hanging around my baby. And that's exactly what happened yet again.. I went into the kitchen and grabbed myself a ice cold glass of water. I turned to the window to admire the gorgeous day and I take a sip of my water. But oh no. Who do I see? The snake himself getting too close to comfort to Nolan. I spat my water all over the window.
"Shit! What the fuck does he think he's doing near Nolan again?" I growled and grabbed a comfy yet luxurious jacket and swung open the door with full force. "The snake never learns.." I felt myself boiling up and each step sounded like the floor was sizzling below me.
"Micheal.. please stop. I need my space. I feel like you're mentally suffocating me.." Nolan timidly whispered. Poor baby.. he's clearly intimidated. I'll teach this motherfucker a lesson he won't forget.. At full speed, I ran into Micheal and shoved him to the ground.
"What the fuck was that?!" Micheal spat half winded.
"I told you to back off and what do I see you do? The exact same thing as the other day! You say I haven't changed, but you don't learn a single thing in that thick head of yours!" I ranted and pointed at his head.
He frowned and turned red. "You really are jealous, Lou. Pfft. Hahah! How pathetic are you? Alienating someone for their looks when in power and now look at you! Trying to protect your fragile masculinity by pretending to defend the people you hate.. Just wait, Lou. Just wait until I walk all over you. And trust me, that won't be a pretty sight to see at all.." Micheal threatened. The darkness in his eyes said it all. He wasn't joking. He wanted me dead. Watching him walk away into the distance scared me more than his voices screaming inside my head. I turned to Nolan and witnessed an even more horrifying experience. I saw him giving his best attempt at trying to be brave and show he's strong, but he broke down in tears.
"I'm sorry, Lou! I keep getting you into messes you don't need to be cleaning- I don't know why Micheal has been acting like a real douche lately. He's never like this!" Nolan slurred the words he was trying to form through tears.
I gently grabbed his shoulders and pulled him in for a hug. "Hey, hey, hey.. it's alright. I can't stand being a bystander, Nol. I don't want you to feel unsafe.. let me make you some tea.."

And from there on out, I worked super hard on making Nolan proud without him knowing anything about the plan. Moxy, Uglydog, Ox and I all worked on the song together. Eventually, they took too many pieces of the puzzle and eventually found out the full picture so I was forced to tell them about Nolan and I. They were all really accepting and Moxy was ecstatic. This increased our progress to the song massively and I learned that the Uglydolls weren't as bad as I thought. Despite Moxy and I's differences, we became quite close friends in this short amount of time we had left.
Monday: Worked.
Tuesday: Worked + Date with Nolan
Wednesday: Song complete
Thursday: Rest + Movie with Nolan
Friday: Harmonising practice
Saturday: Lighting + full song practice
Sunday: Performance day..
And we come back full circle, I know you want to hear our performance, so I'll let you hear the rest.

Throughout the song, I couldn't help but feel excruciatingly proud of everyone singing the song we wrote together. I kept eye contact with Nolan every now and again giving him a smirk. I could see him blushing immensely which made it hard for me to sing without squealing. When the four of us reached the end of the song, we harmonised so well together that I could barely believe it was us singing. The crowd cheered incredibly loudly but over anyone else, I could hear Nolan screaming the loudest. I turned and gave my group a look to signal if I could announce what I told them. They gave me the biggest grins which told me to continue. I tapped my microphone and the noise quietened down.
I took a deep breath and continued on, "Thank you, everyone, for coming today and thank you for being an amazing crowd. Me and my group wrote the song together based on a few experiences I had with someone very close to me." I quickly darted my eyes at him and saw the mixture of shock and happiness in his face. "I just want to tell all of you that this is a very difficult thing to tell everyone and I hope you can accept us." I paused to look to the group for extra boost of confidence. Moxy came up to me and gave me a big hug.
"I want everyone to give Lou a big round of applause because this is BIG news for all of us and he needs all the courage he can get!" Moxy encouraged. My ears were surrounded by the claps and cheers of everyone who supported me. I honestly could've started crying then and there.
I took another deep breath and carried on, "Me and Nolan have feelings for each other and we have done for some time. I really, really hope no one sees me any different because I'm the same Lou, but improved!"
Silence. A few gasps here and there but then a clap. Then another. And then the rest of the institute were clapping for me. I dropped my mic as Nolan climbed up and fell into my deep embrace. We both had tears in our eyes as we laughed in the beautiful moment we shared.
"I always knew you could change for the better, Lou. I'm so proud of you." Nolan whispered lovingly in my ear.