1 | Who is Xandra?

A/N: Info in advance: This book contains adult themes.

! If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in its original safe form please stay on Wattpad / follow this link (if you're not on Wattpad) : https://my.w.tt/jgLpvzQef8 (@elisatheron on Wattpad) Thank you.

Enjoy the first chapter :)!

🚫✋🏻 [Do not use my plot lines for your story!]

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

As a little child I'd always dreamt of leaving Atlanta in the future in order to make a long road trip and to live somewhere far away from my hometown. I'd longed for the feeling of being free and independent, of being able to leave all bad memories behind. But now as I was sitting in the airplane to Nevada on my own, kilometers above the earth's surface, I wasn't so sure if that was how independence and a fresh start should feel like. I pressed my back into the uncomfortable seat and drummed my fingernails against the armrest as I was looking out of the window, observing the large sea of clouds below the plane. Travelling without Dad wasn't the same. I missed him so much. I couldn't quite fathom that I was about to live in Las Vegas with my uncle Larry from now on.

So why was this happening? I'd never intended to move to another country before graduating for sure. But fate apparently had had other plans. I would have never expected that my life could be completely turned upside down from one moment to another until my dad had had a terrible car accident. The fatal crash had been caused by a drunken driver just as my dad had been on his way home from work. The drunken driver had been hardly injured while my Dad had been in hospital, lying in coma with several broken ribs for a very long time. Standing next to my dad, just being able to observe him and knowing exactly that there was nothing I could do but wait and rely on doctors - strangers - had been one of the most terrible feelings one could imagine. Day after day I'd come to the hospital after school with my grandpa who had been living in the same street like me and Dad, hoping and anticipating that he'd wake up soon. My grandpa had been the only reference person during this period as Mom and Dad had been divorced and Mom had lived somewhere in Europe.

When Dad had died, my life had changed all of a sudden. Life had been unbearable for a very long time. In other terms, my life had fallen apart: My beloved parent had died - I hadn't had a mother or father figure in my life, I had no longer been able to stay in my Dad's house so I had had to stay at my grandpa's house. I'd been in my final year but hadn't been able to get out of bed during my constant mourning.

One day my grandpa had phoned uncle Larry and asked him to do me, his brother's daughter, and my grandpa a big favour for the sake of my future as the loss of my father had been an immense blow of fate for me. And Uncle Larry had agreed. He'd offered me to stay at his house in Las Vegas and to take care of a possibility for me to graduate there. I'd begged grandpa that I could stay with him and not to got there as I hadn't even known uncle Larry that well. The last thing I'd wanted was to spend my life with a man I barely had stayed in touch with but grandpa had assured me that it would be for my best and that I couldn't stay with here with him forever after all.

Right now on my way to my new life I shifted nervously in my seat and felt my heartbeat quickening as the plane started to descend.

"Are you okay, young lady? You look very pale" Like being snapped out of trance my head whipped towards the woman sitting next to me. She smiled at me slightly. Her thin, brown hair was touching her shoulders.