13 | Devotion

════════════════════════
Warning: sexual content
════════════════════════

A/N: Part 2! Here we go...🤗❤️😉
(Just to clarify: Y/N is 18!)

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

My heart stopped. Shit. Shit. Shit. Not her...!

"(Y/N)? Hello?", I perceived her raspy voice through the phone.

"I'm sorry. I must have dialled the wrong number. I thought I'd called Larry", I stuttered.

Silence at the other end.

"Larry? He's in Spring Valley"

"Yeah I know... Never mind, it's not that important", I quickly tried to dodge and closed my eyes praying she wouldn't dig deeper but Xandra didn't ease up.

"Why did you want to call him? Aren't you at prom?"

"I....just wanted to ask him something but it's alright. Nevermind"

"Uh huh...Now the truth"

My eyes widened and I fell silent. How did she know I was lying? What should I do now?

"Hmm?", she pushed.

Having desperately struggled to find another excuse, I then sighed. "Alright, I don't feel well. I wanted to leave and I couldn't find Linh but admittedly it was a stupid idea to call Larry. He wouldn't have been able to pick me up anyway"

A long pause pause followed. I could hear her breathing through the phone.

And then Xandra suddenly said something that completely fazed me. "Give me 20 minutes. I'll pick you up" She hung up before I could protest. What? I couldn't quite fathom what she'd said. She came to pick me up?

After I'd fetched my jacket from the check room I watched out for Linh, Boris, Jax and that guy Ken one last time but couldn't see either of them. At some point my head started to spin but after having shut my eyes for a moment I felt better. I was probably a bit tipsy because of the alcohol.

I decided to text Linh so she wouldn't bother and wait for me in the end. Hopefully she was at least enjoying this evening. I stormed outside into the cool night, passed a group of students smoking and giggling. One of them asked the others in a whispery tone why I left so early. Their answer couln't be heard. To be honest I didn't care in this moment. I fished out my phone to check the time and noticed new messages of Boris and Linh.

Boris: Where are you? Have been looking for you everywhere

Linh: OMG I'm so sorry I didn't notice you feel bad. Where are you?

A wave of regret immediately seized my body. God, I was a bad friend, wasn't I?

I quickly typed an apology.

Me: Sorry, Boris. I'm about to leave. I don't feel very well... Hope you're alright. Couldn't find you 2

It was the truth though. I'd felt awkward dancing that close with a guy I hadn't even known for 5 minutes. Afterwards I'd bumped into a drunk Jax who could have done literally anything to me if I hadn't seized the opportunity and had pushed past him. I swallowed and tried to get rid of the thoughts about the incident with Jax.

I quickly answered Linh.

Me: It's alright. Someone's going to pick me up. Please don't worry and enjoy the night :-)