11 | Temptation

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

I buried my face in my hands, eyes closed as if to summon all my brain cells to gain motivation

I buried my face in my hands, eyes closed as if to summon all my brain cells to gain motivation. If the shutters in my room weren't partly down I probably wouldn't have been able to survive another five minutes in here. Single sun rays found their way through the window into the small room. Despite wearing a loose top and a short skirt the heat could sometimes remain unbearable these days. Talking about skirts I'd never been really fond of them until now. Although I felt a bit uneasy wearing them at first at home I had to admit they were actually quite comfortable to wear during hot periods.

But enough about skirts. Today's lack of motivation was provoked by mathematical probability and asymptotic statistics. What a fun way to sacrifice my leisure, right? I glanced at the graph in my book, then at the first task, tried to scribble something in my notepad but then let my pen drop in annoyance. As it connected with the sheet small dots of ink spread on the notepad. How was I supposed to finish the tasks until tomorrow when the heat was killing me and my brain wouldn't work.

Suddenly as I felt something brush against my leg I jumped in surprise but as I spotted Popper looking at me with his puppy eyes, panting his life and soul out in these temperatures I smiled. "Do you want to help me with maths?", I asked in sarcasm. Popper, still panting, sat down and looked at me expectantly, not having a single clue what the hell I wanted from him. "Well, that's a no then", I sighed and played with my silver pen. As I averted my gaze, eyeing the maths book Popper barked once, obviously asking for my attention. "No maths, then huh?" The white Maltese tilted his head to the side. "I'm sorry, I'm to tired to play..." No reaction. I sighed once again, then decided to get me a glass of water when I remarked that my mouth felt very dry.

As I stood up Popper got excited and followed me downstairs, probably anticipating that I was about to play with him. Poor furball. Downstairs, the area was filled with silence. Larry had set out for the city early in the morning while Xandra and me stayed at home. Thinking about Xandra - Where was she?

As I motioned to the kitchen at a snail's pace, a sudden drowsiness taking over me I realised Xandra wasn't there either. I grabbed my glass on the table and poured in some icy orange juice from the fridge. As I motioned the glass to my lips Xandra's slim figure on the lounge chair outside caught my eyes. I nearly choked on the orange juice. At first I feared that Xandra was lying there completely naked, getting tanned but when she slightly shifted I discovered that her already perfectly tanned body was covered by a pastel yellow string bikini. Her fingers clung around a cigarette. Next to her on the ground some Magazins with a red cigarette pack on top of them. I found myself staring a bit too long at her through the window - Xandra's dazzling beauty simply intrigued me. Now I wondered - was she snoozing or just relaxing?

With a sudden motion her head turned into my direction, causing me to nearly spill the juice on the table and drop my glass. Could she see me through the sliding door? Xandra remained in her position looking in my direction with her big black sunglasses, then it hit me that she could indeed see me so I quickly averted my gaze, acting busy and clumsily grabbed the pack of orange juice before scurrying to the fridge. Crap. Putting back the pack I realised how fast my heart was beating. What did this woman do to me?