8 | Relax, sweetheart

A/N: ! unedited :)

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

I stared at the slim black figure holding a black umbrella in front of me for a moment before a giggle escaped my mouth.

Boris raised an eyebrow and scowled. "What's so funny?"

"An umbrella - really?" I folded my arms and looked at him in disbelief. The heat outside had intensified. As I was standing in the blazing sun sweat was forming and running down my neck. God, I was sick and tired of the climate and the high temperatures out here...

"You might find it very amusing but it's helping actually", he shrugged and his lips then formed into an impish grin. "But if you want to stand in the burning sun all day that's okay as well. Just saying..." A breeze rushed through his black curly hair.

I sighed. "Alright, alright." I hushed to Boris under the umbrella and pulled on his arm as he didn't show a hint of moving. His brown eyes were fixed on something in the other direction.

"What are you looking at?", I asked in confusion and followed his gaze to my uncle's house. The white curtains at the window upstairs moved but I couldn't see anyone.

"There was a smoking blonde woman at the window watching us", Boris explained and looked at me again.

"Oh, sounds like Xandra, my uncle's girlfriend" A slight stabbing pain hit me as I mentioned her name. This inner emotional chaos was tearing me apart. I finally had to stop thinking about her - She was in a relationship with Larry, she didn't need a pathetic younger aged girl with a weird obsession. My feelings for her just constituted the key to madness. My gaze once again meandered to the window. No one there. "Let's go", I murmured, Boris just nodded and together under the black umbrella we left the house behind us.

A gentle wind breezed over the desert area as we walked into the lonely wilderness - the desert. Sand as far as the eye could see. No houses, no human soul - nothing but golden sand and sun. If it wasn't for Boris I would have never come here.

"Is it still far?", I curiously asked.

"Just a few minutes. See the hill over there? We need to get there", Boris pointed in the distance.

"So you walk here every day to see a HILL?", I frowned and folded my arms while trying to keep up with his pace. I took a fleeting glimpse of his black blazer and grey Metallica t-shirt. How was he able to endure the heat with long sleeves and black jeans whereas I was about to die in my short dress.

Boris gave me a sly smile. "Of course not! You'll see. Patience will pay off", he replied and flicked a black strand out of his face. With amounts of sand in my shoes I continued the seemingly endless journey to Boris' 'HOLY' hill.

Finally having reached the hill (which in my opinion had taken more than just a few minutes) we descended it just as the sun was going down. "You must be really fond of this damn hill", I muttered under my breath as I was trailing behind Boris now. His heat resistance and stamina remained a big mystery to me. Unflustered he made it to the top without coming to halt.

Panting I finally reached the top and spotted Boris sitting in the sand, leaning against the measly, withered remains of a tree. His umbrella was lying next to him. As his brown eyes found mine he grinned like an idiot. "There you are finally."

I rolled my eyes and sat down next to him. "Very funny..."

"Yes, I am. I can see you smiling"

"I'm not", I tried to avoid his gaze but as Boris tilted his head slightly to the side and kept looking at me with this grin I soon couldn't stifle a smile anymore.