20 | Undercover together

A/N: Sorry I was to busy to update yesterday. (Also: I'm working on a concept of a new story. I hope I'll be able to update the upcoming one more than once a week! ^^

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

Faint music sounded from the radio as I observed the passing houses and streets through the car's window. The cool breeze of the air conditioning in the cab tickled my bare lower legs - a pleasant contrast to the intense heat outside. I adjusted my dress and played with my fingers while I listened to Larry's conversation with the cab driver. He was sitting in the front seat and laughing to one of the driver's jokes about tourists in Vegas.

My gaze fell to Xandra, sitting next to me on the rear seat, her eyes fixed on her nails. She was studying them intently, her beige bag on her lap. As always Xandra wore tight jeans that toned her curves with a crop top. What was more surprising was the fact that she also wore a zebra jacket. Interesting choice considering the temperatures outside but she totally rocked the look, no doubt! The golden earrings and the necklace with the dove gave her look the final touch.

As she caught me staring, she flashed me a smile which I returned before focusing on the landscape again. As today was Larry's birthday he'd invited us to a restaurant in town for lunch. Although I'd felt a bit uneasy at first to celebrate with him as if nothing had happened Xandra had convinced me that it was probably the right thing to go. Maybe it was, maybe not. I wasn't so sure at all but yet I sat here in the cab with the both of them and had made a choice.

Xandra fumbled for gum in her beige bag on her lap before we finally arrived in downtown. Getting out of the car I let my eyes wander around the area. Those Skyscrapers always managed to fascinate me no matter how often I'd been in Vegas' city. I felt someone softly nudging my shoulder. My head jolted to Xandra who observed me with an amused smile on her face. "You coming?"

I quickly nodded and followed Larry and Xandra along the street through some crowds of tourists. As we passed a lingerie-shop a black lacy bra and thigh high stockings on a mannequin caught my attention. Again Xandra caught me. She slowed her pace until she walked along with me to whisper in my ear: "My, my. I'd love to see that on you..."

My heartbeat picked up and I could just chuckle awkwardly, blushing as red as a tomato.

The restaurant was huge and had on the one hand a vintage touch but also looked glamorous with the nicely decorated tables and white chandeliers evenly distributed along the ceiling. I spotted a black piano in the corner next to a wall with black and white pictures of musicians. Charming.

Soon we were guided to our table at the window with a beautiful view on the restaurant's garden. I took a seat on the black restaurant sofa, closely followed by Xandra who sat next to me and placed her beige bag between us. Larry sat opposite her and admired the beautiful view of the colourful garden. After having made our order I eyed a huge painting behind Larry while he was talking with Xandra. First I observed the dark colours and shades, hoping we'd be served soon, then every brushstroke as Larry maintained his conversation with Xandra as if I didn't exist. At some point I got the feeling that he wasn't even trying to include me - He'd only eyes for Xandra, even when our dishes arrived. While both kept talking I ate in silence hoping we would leave soon.

Suddenly Xandra brushed me shoulder, making me flinch.

"Hey wanna taste?" She pointed at her plate full of spring rolls. My gaze fell to Larry whose gaze was fixed on his phone before nodding. Xandra cut her spring roll into pieces and I grabbed my fork but Xandra guided her own to my mouth, smirking.

"Mhh delicious!"

Later when Larry and Xandra were deepened into another eager conversation I mumbled a quick excuse and headed for the restroom, still hoping we'd leave soon when I came back.