12 | Prom

Quick info in advance: I know plenty of you have been waiting for a certain chapter (*wink wink 😉)  and this chapter originally was meant to be the one but as I wrote around 4300 + words I decided to separate it into two parts. So here's the first part! Enjoy! :)

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

I shifted around on the chair in discomfort while Linh tried her best to give me comforting gazes as she was curling my hair. I was sitting with my back to the mirror as she'd intended that I was only allowed to take a look when she'd ensured my hairstyle was perfect.

"Almost done. You look absolutely gorgeous, I promise!", Linh comforted me for the hundredth time as she released a curly strand. I sighed exaggeratedly but then giggled quietly. The melody of a song by Red Velvet quietly sounded from the mini loudspeaker behind me. Linh was obsessed with Kpop. Not quite my taste but I didn't complain.

"Fine, I trust you" Still waiting impatiently for Linh to finish the hairstyle I let my gaze wander around her room. A large white bed with light pink sheets stood at the window. A light chain along with some Polaroid photos were hanging on the wall next to the bed. Other furniture including her closet and her desk were mainly white. Some  Kpop magazines and folders were scattered on the wooden floor.

Tonight would be a special night as our very own prom took place. A night full of fun, alcohol and music dedicated to the final year class. As soon as one had entered the school building last week the prom had been topic number one. Students had chatted about their dresses, hairstyles and dates at their lockers everywhere. Linh and me had headed for the city on Sunday to grasp the opportunity and search for dresses. After I'd told Linh that I hadn't intended to go to the hairdresser for a makeover as I had spent my entire money for my dress, she'd looked at me aghast and had made me an offer to at least let her do my hair at hers. More or less voluntarily I wasn't able to refuse.

"Done!", Linh exclaimed enthusiastically and nearly hit my shoulder with the curling iron. "Ahh sorry oh my god!", she spluttered excitedly.

"I'm fine. May I now turn ar-"

"No! Your make up's not done yet", she interrupted me and lifted her hand. "Just a minute I'll be right back!"

"That's so sweet of you but you don't need to give me a full makeover", I tried to dodge but Linh shook her head causing a black strand to loosen from her bun. She quickly brushed it aside and scurried to the dresser.

"I know you usually don't wear a lot of make up and as you know me neither but it's our prom and therefore it's my job to guarantee you look like a queen"

I sighed and yielded. "Alright then...I guess I can't change your mind anyway"

"True", Linh murmured with a satisfied smile and returned with brushes, lipsticks, mascara, foundation and a lot more. "Now close your eyes" An eternity later after some final finishing touches, Linh took a step back, eyed me and then nodded in satisfaction. "That's it! Oh- wait! I forgot the hairspray" I giggled.

A few minutes later I stood there in my short light lavender-blue dress and admired the view in the mirror. At first I needed to blink twice to realise that it was really me I was looking at. A smile lit up my face. Linh had done an amazing job! My make up wasn't too extravagant but worked perfectly for me in my opinion: Decent blush, mascara, eyeliner and a rosy tone for my lips which matched well with the lavender coloured dress. I somehow looked like a porcelain doll. My dress reached to my knees and was brocaded with some pearls as well as decorated with opulent lace frills on the upper part and its mid-length sleeves. My white heels gave the look the finishing touch.