18 | Please don't go

A/N: Back with my beloved melancholic songs :) Enjoy !

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

My eyes shot open in a cartoonish manner

My eyes shot open in a cartoonish manner. Countless questions ran through my head all at once.

Where am I?

What happened?

My eyes scanned the white ceiling above me until I suddenly perceived sobbing near me. That's when I sat up with a jerky motion and scanned the living room until my eyes found Xandra standing with her back to me in front of the couch chair, frantically rifling through her bag.

„Xandra...?", my weak voice broke the silence. Hearing my voice Xandra froze to the spot for a split second, then whirled around. Her face was pale, her blonde hair shaggy, streaks of smeared mascara ran down her cheeks. „What happened?", I asked with wide opened eyes trying to evaluate the situation. My expression then shifted from confusion to worry. Xandra stormed to me and kneeled down in front of the couch I was sitting on and placed a hand on my cheek.

„Thank god, you're awake...! You blacked out when you came in" Xandra bit her lip and squinted her eyes allowing fresh tears to run down her cheek. With a shocked expression and pounding heart I tried to process her fragile state. Never having seen her crying before my heart broke at her tear-stained face.„What on earth happened to you? You're bleeding", as she spoke her voice seemed to crack, there was no longer coldness in her brown eyes but pure concern. It melted my heart.

She eyed my forehead and seemed to play with the though of wiping the blood away.

„I...I was at a party", I stuttered finally realising what a stupid idea sneaking out had been. „Oh god, I'm so sorry..." I shook my head and buried my face in my hands.

I expected her to be mad and yell at me but Xandra just carefully withdrew my hands from my face with hers and shook her head slightly never breaking my gaze with her glassy eyes. „This is not important right now. I need you to tell me what happened and if you're in pain"

„I'm alright, actually. Just a bit dizzy and the wound on my forehead burns a bit"

„Are you sure? I'm worried, especially as you blacked out just a second ago. We should call a-"

"No, I don't need a doctor. I'm alright, I promise", I assured.

She sighed. "Sure? You'd tell me if there's anything else, wouldn't you?"

I nodded reassuringly. „That's all, I promise. Maybe I blacked out due to exhaustion. I wanted to get home as fast as I could after what happened at the party. Maybe riding my bike with a severe dizziness wasn't the best idea..." I tried to crack a smile but it rather turned out as a grimace.

Xandra didn't say anything, she just took me in her arms and held me tight. My buried feelings for Xandra suddenly came to the surface, overwhelming me. God how I'd missed her embrace, her warmth, her closeness...Before I could stop myself I felt tears flowing down my cheek.