Where it started

LAWRENCE, KANSAS

22 YEARS AGO

The night was quiet. Nothing to be heard but the crickets and the movement of the leaves on the trees. In a two-story house, a family of five got ready for bed. Carrying a child in one arm, while another holds her hand, Mary Winchester guides them into a nursery. "come-on, let's go say goodnight to your brother."
Darcey and Dean Winchester lean over into the crib and kiss their baby brother on each cheek and say goodnight. From the door,
John Winchester stands.
When Darcey sees her father, she quickly bumps shoulder, they ran, and both jump up in his arms.
"hey buddy, hey princess," hugging his twins, he says "so do you think Sammy's ready to toss around a football?" The twins giggle "no daddy," they both say. Mary comes forward "you got them?"
"I got them"
Darcey Winchester was the definition of a daddy's girl. She loved John almost more than her brother did. She mopped when he wasn't around, and she smiled the brightest when he was. Unfortunately, it was time for bed now and she could talk to him about her day like she normally would when he came home.
They all said goodnight to Sam one more time before they all went to bed.
Sometime later in the night, a light flickers' and the baby monitor in Mary and John's room sounded on. Hearing the cry of her youngest son, she went to go check on him when she saw that her husband wasn't in bed.
Walking to the room, she saw that he was there already, she asked. "John? Is he hungry?" she heard a shh "okay..."
Then, heading downstairs, then, a light flickers' again. Mary tapped it, making it stop. She then continued to walk down.

Seeing her husband sleeping in a chair in front of the on tv, she realized her mistake.The scream of his wife is what woke John from his sleep. Acting fast, he rushed up to where Mary was. He ran into Sam's room, only to not see her there. Confused, he went over to his son. He checked if he was okay, but before leaving he noticed blood on Sammy's quilt. He toughed it, and when more fell on his hand, he looked up.
On the celling, his wife lit up in flames. "Mary! No!" with Sam's cry's, he lifted him up and ran out of the room. Darcey and Dean were awake because of the crying and shouting, running into the hall, Darcey cried out to her father. When he thrusted her baby brother into her arms, she barley heard her father say, "take your brother's as fast as you can, don't look back!" "now Darcey, go!"
When they made it outside, Darcey tried to comfort her brothers the best she could. "it's okay, Sammy, De,"
Soon, the room was engulfed in flames and John joined his children outside as they waited for the firemen. John held Sam, as Darcey and Dean held each other.