Skin

S1e6

£**£

Flashback/ Dream
Darcey and Dean are 10 Sam 6.

At a motel, a young Darcey and Dean sat reading comics on their bed as Sam watched the little T.V.
Their father had been on a hunt, Sam thinking he's at some job.
It's been a few hours and soon it was time to eat.
All that was left was caned soup and Mac&cheese.
"Do we have to have this stuff again?" Dean asked opening the can as Darcey heated up the pot of water.
"Yeah, do you see any other better option?" She said.
She took the can from Dean a poured it in. Just then, their dad came back.
"Daddy!" The oldest said running up to her father, leaving her post In the motel kitchen.
"Hey sweetie. How's my girl doing?" He asked sitting on the bed.
"Good. We're making soup."
"You mean I'm making soup." Dean said rolling his eyes.
"Whatever" she sassed back.
"Alright guys, I'm only coming back to tell you guys that I have to get back out there."
Darcey's big smile was turned into a frown.
"But—but you just got back. You can't leave again!"
John gave out a sigh.
"I know honey, but you know—with my type of work, I have to go travel around a lot,"
He said, being carful with his words because same was within ear shot.
"But Dad!" She tried.
"I'm sorry pumpkin. I've got to go now."
Getting a water from the fridge, he. Want for the door, only to be stopped by his only daughter holding his arm.
"Please don't go now!" She cried.
"Honey—"
"Please stay! Don't leave me!"
From the kitchen, Dean turns of the stove and goes over to his sister.
"CC, come on. Dinner is ready." He tried.
But Darcey would still not let go of her father.
Crying, Darcey kept mumbling 'don't leave' to John. He managed to get her to let go of his arms and he gently pushed her into Dean who grabbed his sister and held her tight as she cried.
"He'll come back Darc,he always does." Dean said to her as he stormed her hair.
"But—but," she mumbled out.
Looking to Sam,Who was watching with sad eyes, knew somehow what Dean was trying to silently tell him.
"CC, come watch Smerf's with me." He said.
Looking to her baby brother, she nodded.
"O-okay Sammy, But Dean hates the Smerf's, what's he going to watch?" She replies. She sat cross legged beside Sam.
Bringing two bowls filled of soup from the kitchen, Dean sat with his Siblings. "I'll deal with it, just as long as Papa Smerf isn't in the episode."

Darcey said laughing, "Dean, he's almost always in the episode"
With a annoyed look, Dean rolls his eyes.
"Shut up and eat your soup." He says with a smile, now happy that his sister is happy.

End of flashback/dream.

£**£

Waking up in the back seat of the impala always ended up giving Darcey back pain
she should only be getting later in life.
Her Dream was more of a memory. She remembered when Dean told her that their father always came back. He was wrong this time.
This time, when he left the motel room, he never came back.

When they stopped at a gas station,
Dean, in the drivers seat like always, Dean says,
"Alrighty. I figured we hit Tucumcari by lunch, then head south..,then Bisbee by midnight."
Nodding, Darcey agreed.
"Sounds alright to me, Sam?" She looked to her brother who was not paying attention. With no answer, Dean says, "Sam wears woman underwear.,"
"I'm listing, I'm just busy."
"Busy doing what?" The twins ask.
"Reading e-mails" was his reply.
Dean got out of the car, so did Darcy. She needed to stretch her legs after sleeping in the car for so long.
"Who are you getting e-mails from?" Darcey asked.
"My friends at Stanford." Sam said.
"You have friends.?" Darcey asked laughing. Sam didn't really find it funny.
Dean did.
"Ha. Your kidding though, you still keep in touch with your old college buddies?" He asked filling up the gas.
"Why not?"
"Well, what do you tell them? About where you've been, what you've been doing?" Darcey asked leaning against the car.
"I tell them I'm on a rode trip with my big sister and brother. I tell them I needed some time off, after Jess."
"So you lie?" The twins said laughing.
"No, I don't lie. I just don't tell them everything."
Darcey looked to Dean.
"Yeah, that's what lying is." Dean said. "But hey man, I get it. Telling them the truth about this, is far worse."
"So, what am I supposed to do? Just cut everyone out of my life?"