fourteen

We all woke up pretty late which was typical.

After an hour or two, everyone started to leave. I worked on some of my literature assignment.

Although we still had another 2 months I really wanted to finish it early.

It was now Sunday night, I was scrolling through Instagram when I got a Snapchat notification from Finn.

I opened it and it was a picture of him and this girl, she goes to our school and her name is summer. It was streaks.

I snapped back, this time they were doing the classic couple pose. It must just be friendly, I tried to reassure myself.

I replied saying 'what's happening there?'

He replied 'oh uhh Millie, I meant to tell you, Summer and I have a thing.'

I read that in pure shock. What did that mean for our friendship? My heart kinda ached even though I thought of him as one of my close friends but there's always been this feeling whenever I'm with him. It's nothing though.

I walked into school not prepared to see Finn and summer.

"Millie, hey, I just want you to know that me and you are fine. Summer asked me last night if I wanted to go on a date. Which is kinda ironic because I think it should be the guy" he blabbed on and on

"Yeah, we're fine. Look I gotta go." I was definitely hurt about him and summer being together, but there was nothing I could do. It's fine though we're friends.

I walked to lunch, it was cold so I was gonna ask one of the boys for their jackets or something.

I sat down at our table, after 5 or 10 minutes Finn never showed up. My curiosity increased, my brown eyes scanned the cafeteria.

"Does anyone know where Finn is?" I blurted.

"Uhh I think he's with summer." Noah replied.

I raised my eyebrows. Wow.

"So...there's this party Friday night and I think we should go." Sadie stared at me.

"Umm sure I'll go." I responded.

The guys all agreed on going as well.

I decided to text Finn just for the reassurance of knowing where he's at.

Me: Hey! Where are you??

Finn: at summers house, we ditched.

That's so unlike him to do something like that.

Me: Too cool for school now?

Finn: haha totally

I ignored him after that message.

Time skip to Friday-

Sadie came over and we got ready for the party together. I was wearing black ripped jeans and a flannel with a grey tank top.

Sadie of course went all out, she was wearing a really short crop top and a short black skirt.

"I'm not gonna drink so I'll drive" I told Sadie as we started to walk outside to my car. She nodded.

"How do you feel about Finn being with summer?" Sadie broke out silence.

"I'm okay with it, honestly." I tapped my steering wheel and gave her a smile.