fifteen

It was Monday morning and just like any other high schooler I dreaded this day the most. I kind of felt like not doing anything special so I put on another flannel and some sweats.

I ate breakfast, Charlie and Paige were downstairs eating breakfast as well.

"We leave tomorrow morning Millie" Charlie mumbled with food in his mouth.

"I know, so after school why don't we hang out?" I asked

"Sure" Paige responded.

I hugged them both and grabbed my car keys. I plugged my phone into the aux and toxic by Britney Spears began to play.

I arrived to school and I found Sadie.

"Hey Sade's" I said energetically

"Hi" she said happy as usual.

We walked to my locker, chit chatting about what we did over the weekend.

I walked into my English class, my eyes scanned the room for Finn, they landed on him. He waved shyly, I approached him.

"Hi Millie." He sighed nervously.

"Hi, we've barely talked like all week. I miss you." I frowned.

"I know, summer and I have been hanging out so much it's great!" He exclaimed.

"That's awesome Finn, i don't know though. You've ditched us to be with her. We're happy for you but you haven't talked to us all week." I chewed my lip nervously.

"Millie. If you're gonna be like that stay away from me." He rolled his eyes.

"What? I- I was just expressing my feelings, we are best friends you know." My anger started to rise.

"Well if you're not gonna be happy for me, we're obviously not." He glared at me.

I can't even describe what just happened, I got up and exited the class angrily.

I walked towards the bathroom. How could he do that to me? He said he would do anything, and all that got thrown away for some girl.

I sat in the bathroom until it was lunch time. I sat down at our table, I had a grumpy look on my face.

"Millie? What's wrong?" Caleb asked.

"Finn. That's what's wrong. He threw away our friendship because of summer." I said

"Yeah, we were supposed to hang out but he ditched us for her." Gaten shared.

"Oh well if he wants to be like that, we don't need him." I replied.

By the end of the day I was so over it. But i had plans with my siblings before they leave for London tomorrow.

"Millie are you ready?" Charlie yelled.

"Yeah! I'm coming!" I yelled back.

We decided to just go out to dinner and we caught up and talked about the next time they would be coming to visit.

"I wish you guys didn't have to leave." I said

"We know, but dad needs us to be with him. We'll be back to visit as soon as we can." Paige said as she caressed my hand.