seventeen

It was our last day in Hawaii and I was dreading go back home and going back to school. Although I'm excited to see my friends, and Wyatt.

I was walking to go rent a bike so I could ride it around and see some stuff. I was thinking about things, and Finn came to mind. I miss him, a lot. He's still with summer, I see him at school and in the classes we have together and he just doesn't seem happy. It makes me sad.

He hurt me, but I still wish him the best and I'll always love him. Part of me wants to text him and see how he's doing, I keep telling myself not to, but I kept wanting to.

I pulled out my phone and I caved.

Me: hey, I know this is really out of the blue but I hope you're doing good Finn. I wish we could be like civilized people and get along.

I sent it and I felt regret but at the same time it was a huge weight lifted off my chest.

I walked to the bike rental place and got one, I mounted it and rode around, the warm sun shining down on me felt amazing. I heard my phone ding. I was praying that it was him, please, please, please.

I felt my stomach flutter a little as I saw his name. Gross.

Finn: I know, life is kinda ehh. I miss hanging out with you. Wanna go do something today? Idk I just wanna talk to you.

Me: I wish I could but I'm in Hawaii but I'll be back tomorrow.

Finn: lucky you:) but whenever you're free I'd like to talk.

I read his messages and my mood went up about 1000 notches. Oh who am I kidding, I like Wyatt. But being his friend is obviously a yes.

I finished off the day by going to the beach with my mom and Ava, we built sandcastles and watched them get washed away from the water.

The next morning we ate breakfast and headed for the airport. We boarded and once again, I slept nearly the whole flight.

We got home at around 5:45 pm and I was exhausted.

I heard a knock at the door and it was Wyatt.

"Hi Millie," he smiled.

"Hi Wyatt!" I yelled giving him a hug.

While I was in Hawaii we FaceTimed every night and it was so nice.

"How'd you know I was back?" I asked as I welcomed him in.

"Well, I have sources. I missed you, and Millie I know we've only been friends for a little while now but I really like you. I was hoping you might want to be my girlfriend?" He asked nervously. He blushed.

"Yes! I'd like that!" I exclaimed hugging him.

We chilled on the couch and watched some movies. I checked my phone and it was about 8:30.

"I should get going." Wyatt stated standing up stretching.

"I'll walk you out," I sighed.

We got to the door and he looked nervous and it was adorable, he leaned in and kissed my lips, I kissed back.

I pulled away and about 30 seconds.

"This was fun, I'll see you tomorrow" I smiled again.

"Goodnight Millie" he smiled wider and walked outside.

I smiled and walked up to my room. I told Sadie what happened and she said she already knew and that I was late.

I got ready for bed and passed out.

This chapter is so short but Finn and Wyatt??? Okay Millie I see you. See you guys soon;))