(4): Movie Night

As you get snacks together in the kitchen you chat with Mika and Jewel. Jewel is in the living room about ten feet away setting up the movie, blankets and pillows.
Mika sits on the kitchen counter, eating strawberry's.
"I'm just surprised you invited him is all." Jewel laughs a little as she looks through movies.
"Why? I didn't think it was that drastic."
"Well I thought you were still going to wait for that Nishinoya boy in our class. Last I remember you were crushing hard."
"That was until Hinata made moves at the arcade when they met!" Mika giggles.
"I still need to give you major payback for that night, Mika." You glance over at her. Mika was an airhead sometimes, but that doesn't mean she is dumb. She knew what she was doing by spilling the secret about your crush on Noya that night.
"I was just giving the boy more motive." Mika shrugs, hoping off the counter to go help Jewel. You sigh, finishing up the snacks and bring them into the living room. You glance at the clock. Where is that boy?
You'd send him a text but after he left last night you realized you never got his contact information. You felt so dumb.
After all of you finish setting up the living room there's a knock at the front door. Perfect timing.
Hinata shifts his weight back and forth as he waits. You watch through the window before going to answer the door. He looked cute. Dressed super casual.
You've never seen him in causal clothes. If he always dressed like that you might catch feelings for him faster. His streetwear style just adds to his beaming personality and puppy dog looks.
When you open the door with a big smile Hinata can't help but smile excitedly back at you. He puts out his hands, showing you a white flower.
"I saw it on the walk here from the bus stop. I thought it was pretty...like you..." Hinata blushes, looking down.
"That was smooth." Mika whispers to Jewel. Jewel just hits Mika on the head with a pillow, shushing her so they can listen.
"Oh-thank you." You smile even bigger. This gives you courage to give him a small hug. It was short but it made Hinata mentally do a happy dance.
You take the flower from his hands, motioning for him to follow you inside. He closes the door behind him. Waving at the two girls who sit on the edge of the couch. Their eyes locked on the red headed boy. "I'm Shoyo Hinata! I realized I didn't introduce myself when we met yesterday!" He says to Jewel who introduced herself back, kinda taken aback by how energetic Hinata is.
You put the single flower in a tiny vase before returning to the living room.
"My mom is at my grandmas for the weekend so you don't need to stress about meeting the parent." You look over at Hinata.
He only nods. Jumping onto the couch with a huge grin. The couch is super big, it takes up almost the whole living room. Your mom had bought such a big couch purposely because of movie nights.
Taking a seat next to Hinata, you pull a blanket over you and start the movie.
Heathers.
It's a superior movie.
The girls and you have watched it five times, and counting.
Throughout the movie you found yourself glancing at Hinata or full on staring at him for longer than usual. He looked so peaceful. So focused. His hair fell over his face a little. Framing his features. It looked so fluffy. You wanted to run your hands through it while watching the movie. His head in you all.
You blink a few times.
Watch the movie weirdo, you think before focusing back on the movie. After Heathers Jewel puts on Step Brothers. It starts getting later and later. The four of you laughing.
Mika and Jewel are cuddled up in their corner of the couch. Laughing at the movie and quoting it here and there.
By the time the movie is halfway done you notice Hinata's hand is close to yours. You rest your hand on his but when his head snaps towards you in surprise you act like nothings happening. Just watching the movie.
You can see a smile spread across his face out of the corner of your eye. Butterflies form in your stomach. He's adorable.
The movie ends soon.
Mika and Jewel are asleep. You are half asleep. Hinata looks over at you, smiling softly.
"I've never seen those before tonight."
"Really?" You question tiredly. Your head is resting close to his shoulder on the couch cushion. Hinata nods, tucking some hair behind your ear so he can get a better look at your face. His eyes shift over to the two asleep in the corner before landing back on your face. You've closed your eyes by now. Snuggling into your blanket more.
"It's late. I should really get going home."
"Buttttttttt." You groan tiredly, holding his hand tighter.
"I know." He sighs. Somehow he still is full of energy. He doesn't even know why. Maybe it's because he's high off the events of tonight. Just being able to hang out with you would've made his whole night but you had held his hand and let him tuck your hair.
It seemed like small little things but it made Hinata feel like a giddy little boy inside. He wanted to hold you, cuddle up and sleep peacefully but he also knew that was just a daydream he needed to wait for.
"Lock the door behind me please." Hinata whispers, squeezing your hand before getting up. You groan tiredly again. Frowning at the suddenly chill against your hand due to his absentness.
Hinata pats the top of your head before slipping on his shoes and leaves.
You get up to lock the door behind him. Smiling to yourself as you flop back onto the couch. Glancing at the flower on the kitchen counter.
"I thought it was pretty...like you...", you rerun his words in your head until you fall asleep. Smiling.

•••

You're sitting with Mika and Jewel at your usual lunch table. You only bought some juice to save money for the arcade after school. The three of you chat, mostly about the weekend. They pried you for information after Mika brought up the hand holding.
"We just held hands!" You protest.
"Are you sure?! We fell asleep. How do we know there was no funny business?" Jewel teases. Poking your shoulder as she eats her milk bread.
"Yeah funny business!" Mika mimics. Quickly slurping up her ramen.
"Funny business?" You all turn to the owner of the voice. Nishinoya.
Your eyes grow big.
"Nothing important." You breath out.
"Okay good." Noya sits down next to you. Sliding over a lunch. He had two, "You never eat so you can save money for that damn arcade."
You smile at him, accepting the lunch and start to eat. Noya takes out his phone to show you something as the four of you eat your lunch. Mika and Jewel in their own world. He rests his head on your shoulder as the two of you watch the video he pulled up.
Little do you know from the volleyball table Hinata and Kageyama are eyeballing you.
"I told you." Kageyama tells Hinata.
Hinata just jealously bites his milk bread.