(16): Rumor

Laying in Hinata's bed you play with your switch, completely distracted. So distracted you don't notice his small clothed frame walk through the door and jump on top of you with a loud thud. His sopping wet hair is cold against your cheek. It makes you shiver. You groan, shoving his shoulders slightly.
"Shouyou!"
He giggles to himself, moving around on top of you and grips you like a koala bear as you try to kick him off.
"You're so annoying!"
"BUT YOU LOVE ME."
You blush bright red and push his face away, diverting his attention from his own words by shoving your switch towards him so the two of you can play smash bro's.
By the time dinner is completely finished your stomach is growling like crazy.
"So tell me (L/N), what do you do in your free time?"
With that conversation starter the night seemed to take itself away. There wasn't awkward silence. There wasn't any uproars. You felt like part of the family. The Hinata family are some of the most welcoming people you've ever met. So bright and filled with laughter.
A feeling sinks in your chest that you try to push away as you help clean up the dishes. Drying plates, your mind is completely distracted.
I haven't even eaten dinner with my mom in years. I don't know what it's like to be a family. My parents separated too early for me to understand family and my dad doesn't come around. My mom is never home. I spend most days by myself. Is this what other people have? Is this normal? How could they let me not have this? Such a simplistic concept could've made such a big difference...
"(Y/N)?"
"Yes?" You pop your head up at Hinata. He had clipped his bangs back so he could 'get a better handle' on dishwashing. His cheeks are all red and puffed out. Eyebrows creased in concern, "You okay? You've been drying that dish for about three minutes now."
You smile softly at him, putting the dish down with a small glance to see if his mom had already left the room. You peck his cheek softly and rest your head on his shoulder as he washes dishes, "This night was just amazing. Thank you."
"Anything for you, baby!"
By the time the two of you finish up dishes it's time for you to go home.
You heart hurts for some reason.
This night somehow made you very attached to Hinata Shouyou.
And that kind of scared you.
The next morning you wake up to a loud bang on your door. Your head flies up. Hair every which way. Eyes squinted towards the wood that is currently shaking at the constant force behind it.
"Let me in you whore!" Mika squeaks from behind the door.
"Let us in!" Jewel yells before another bang comes from the door. Sleepily you pull yourself up from the comfort of your bed, holding your pillow tight in your arms. Squeezing it. And unlock your door before retreating back to bed.
"Tell us NOW! Why were you arriving late to school with that blonde neanderthal yesterday! It's all over. And since you and Hinata aren't open about your relationship everyone is saying you're dating him!" Mika is jumping up and down on top of you. One foot on either side of you, bouncing on the bed. Jewel jumps onto the the end of the bed without much a ruckus.
"And here I thought my dear friends were here to make me breakfast in bed before school." You roll your eyes.
"(Y/N)! This is serious. People think...they think you're sleeping with him." Jewel raises an eyebrow at you.
"Okay? I'm not. I know I'm not. Tsukishima knows I'm not. Hinata knows I'm not."
"But..."
"Mika, I don't care about others as much as the two of you do."
By the time you get to school you almost want to take that statement back. Eyes are on you. Whispers filling your senses. Hearing your name whispered in every directly almost makes you want to hide. You slip your ear buds in and try walking to your class with Mika and Jewel, but you spot Hinata in his hall before you reach yours. That damn girl is talking to him again.
Of course.
The three of you watch curiously.
"But she's a whore! Why can't you just drop her for someone prettier and loyal! Like me."
Hinata is awkwardly trying find anything to avoid her but everyone around just seems to be ignoring the situation or have their eyes glued to scene she's causing.
"Wait who is she talking about?" You hear someone ask.
With that you walk down the hall. Right into the middle of the ruckus and pull Hinata's hand to make him face you. All his features light up at the sight of you. The tension in his shoulders lifts.
"Hi baby." He almost breaths.
"Hi." You smile at him, shooting the girl a glare.
"You ruin everything." She almost growls.
"It's not my fault Kageyama wouldn't touch you with a thirty foot pole."
"Um....not true." Her voice is so annoying. It has this high pitched ringing.
"Right, you're just mad because he wouldn't even think of putting his dick in you. Got it. Let's go, Hinata."
"Oh shit!" You hear Tanaka screaming from the end of the hall. It seems Tsukishima, Nishinoya, Yamaguchi and Kageyama had been watching the whole end of that situation.
A snicker sits on Tsukishima's face as Yamaguchi hides behind him, his head peaking out from over Tsukishima's shoulder. Tanaka and Nishinoya are cackling, repeating the dick joke to themselves to laugh harder. Kageyama's face is beet red.
"Whore!" Mika shouts at the girl. She's clapping her hands as if she's excited about her input.
"Okay that's enough." Jewel pushes her away.