(18): Nekoma's #1

The Karasuno boys next game was today. They all looked somewhat tense as they walked into Nekoma High's gym. You tag behind Hinata, speaking to Kiyoko about the boys schedule.
Hinata had asked you to come watch this game as a way to incorporate you into his weekends. You have to admit, as much as sports bore you, you were kind of excited about this game. It's against their rivals which means both teams are going to put up a good fight.
The boys end up running off to get ready. Leaving you to find a place to sit, but first the bathroom. You give Hinata a kiss on the cheek before he leaves you then make your way to the restroom. Somewhat getting lost on the way.
You find yourself walking down a hall with barely anyone. It's lit up from the mass amount of windows to your right. You look out over the campus, eyes kinda wide.
"Like what you see?"
You jump at the sudden voice. A very tall muscular boy stands in front of you. A Nekoma jersey compliments is toned form. His jet black hair sticks up as his deep eyes stare down at you. You feel weak in the knees at how attractive he is. His energy. His looks. His vibe.
They all draw you in.
"Um...yeah..." You breath out, eyes glued to his.
"I'm Kuroo. Nekoma's volleyball captain. You are?"
You stare at the number on his jersey. Number one. You let out another breath as heat rises to your cheeks.
He's a captain too?
"(Y/N). Nice to meet you."
Kuroo's smile draws your attention further. He reaches out to take a sticker that seemed to have found its way onto the sleeve of your jacket which makes you red with embarrassment.
How long has that been there?
He simply flicks it to the side before scratching the back of his neck, "So what's a girl as beautiful as you doing back here?"
"I was looking for the bathroom." You can barely squeak those words out.
Kuroo offers to help you to the bathroom. The two of you talking about random things as you walk. He's flirting a lot and you can tell because of the cocky energy that radiates off him. Every word dripping with attraction. Your eyes are glued to him. Your cheeks constantly blushed.
"So here's the bathroom. I have to get to the game now but I'll make sure to win it. I'll even score the winning point just for you, I'll make sure to send you a thumbs up right before I make it. So you know." With a wink he leaves.
You're so caught up in your thoughts you just walk away from the restroom. The need to pee suddenly has left. Kuroo is so charming. So attractive. You're not used to guys coming on so strong.
Hinata didn't even come on that strong.
Fuck. Hinata.
Throughout the game you try to keep your eyes glued to your boyfriend. Telling yourself it's what you need to do. You're here to support him. But your eyes seem to fall to Kuroo. You tell yourself you're just waiting for his thumbs up. But then you quickly scold yourself for the thought of enjoying the flirty manor of anyone other than Hinata.
It seems like forever but finally, match point. Two more points and your boys win.
The game continues to intensify.
You can see the determination on Hinata's face. He's been completely sucked into his thoughts.
Nekoma scores another point.
But like a flash. Your eyes fall to Kuroo who is looking up at you in the stands. His hand resting peacefully on his side. His thumb extended up. Your stomach twists and turns. You don't know what to feel. On one hand you're getting butterflies from the simple flirt but on the other hand you don't want Karasuno to lose.
You feel so much internal tension that you stand up. Standing as close to the risen barrier in front of you as you can. Watching the events fold out. It happens so fast you can barely process the play. Nekoma's setter sets the ball. Shooting it towards Kuroo. It's a surprise to everyone because Kuroo is a middle blocker. But because of this sudden take back it causes Karasuno to hesitate. Kuroo scores the point.
Winning the game for Nekoma.
You find yourself walking down to the court. Looking around frantically to find Hinata's red head somewhere. They had already thanked those who came in support. All you needed to do was find him.
"(Y/N)!" You hear Kuroo's voice. You turn to look at him. Feeling eyes on you. It feels like everyone is staring you down as Kuroo speaks, "I told you I'd win the game. Scoring the winning point just for you."
You don't know what to say so you stare at your feet.
"Thank you Kuroo thats so-.." "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!! WHAT IS THIS FUNNY BUSINESS. GET AWAY FROM OUR TEAMMATES GIRL." Tanaka is storming over. Hot headed as usual. You sink into your shoes, rushing to calm Tanaka down. Pushing him back as he struggles against you. Telling Kuroo off in his own way.
"Sorry about this! See you around Kuroo-san!" You yell back at him before flicking Tanaka on his bald head. Kuroo only stands where you left him. Blushing, waving at your small frame as you pull Tanaka back to the Karasuno team. He watches you. Eyes glued to your back.
You walk up the red head. Hinata.
Tanaka's words on rerun in his head. 'Our teammates girl.'
You reach out to touch him but Hinata seems to wave your hand away. For some reason this causes Kuroo to get slightly angry. You're trying to show Hinata affection, why would he swat you away like that? You're so beautiful. You deserve better than that.
You feel your heart drop at Hinata's actions.
"Hinata! W-what's wrong?"
He only narrows his eyes down at you.
"We'll talk later. I am spending the weekend with you anyways, and I'd rather not cause a scene." It almost comes out in a growl. This is so unlike Hinata. He's normally chipper and excited. Even when they lose he still has enough energy to run circles around you.
You reach out again, cupping his cheek and look into his eyes. He allows this touch, moving into it slightly. Hinata can feel Kuroo's eyes. Jealously and anger is boiling inside of him. How could Kuroo make such a bold move on his girlfriend? Sure, not many people know of your relationship but obviously you should've told him if he's been flirting. You must've told him you're dating someone.
"Don't be angry, please." It comes out in a whisper, you lean up and peck his lips. You too can feel Kuroo's eyes but you know deep down it was just attraction that made you feel like that towards Kuroo. What you feel for Hinata is much deeper and you're not going to mess that up no matter how scared you've been of your own feelings.
You're falling in love with Shouyou Hinata.