(6): Jealousy

You shoot a zombie in the head to let out frustration. Then another. And then another one five times in the head.
Ever since today's earlier events of watching Hinata possibly flirting with another girl you have been frustrated.
"He might've just been being nice! It's not like he was for sure flirting." Mika is sitting on the floor against the wall not far from the game you're playing.
"Guys are just scum." Jewel shoots a zombie.
"Agreed." You shoot.
The three of you play different games. Stretching from DDR, to Ninja Turtles and Tomb Raider. It was a very mixed day. By the end you still didn't want to go home. So once the girls left you found yourself walking into the mall, searching for something to take your mind off your annoying thoughts.
You buy a few new clothing items but quickly grow tired of shopping.
As you walk past a shop you notice a flyer.
It's of course for the volleyball team to raise money. And who's on it? Hinata.
You groan loudly.
"I need to just go home..."

•••

It's late at night when you get a text from a random number.

Hey it's Hinata. Nishinoya gave me your number.

You throw your phone across your bed. It goes off again. And then again.

I'm sorry I've been so distant. I know we only just met but know I see no one else but you. I haven't officially confessed to you and I'd rather not do it over text but I wasn't flirting with that first year.

I'm guessing you're asleep. Sleep well (Y/N), I'll see you tomorrow <3

You read the texts. Sighing.
He likes you.
The next day you lay in bed way past normal. You're about an hour late for school and have a dozen missed texts from Mika and Jewel asking if you overslept again.
With a groan you sit up, looking around your basement bedroom.
"I don't want to go anywhere today." You make your way to your computer. Pulling up a random game to play quietly.
Hinata likes you. I guess that's what you expected, but it still somehow came a little as a surprise. Deep down you knew he wasn't flirting with that girl. You just grew insecure. Hinata is just a nice guy. You're sure it was nothing deep down. But for some reason the lack of communication from him since movie night makes you second guess everything now. Maybe he has been the same? You have no idea why though.
Your phone goes off. You reach into your pocket to fish it out.

You aren't at school today sleepyhead?

Hinata texts you.
With a sigh to text back a simple, nope.
Hours pass and you hear no response. You try to think nothing of it. At least you have his contact information now though. That's one good thing.
By dinner time your stomach is aching. You haven't left your room all day. Which you'd figure to be disgusting if you didn't have your own bathroom. You step out of the shower, throwing on an oversized shirt and some underwear.
Just as you finish brushing our your hair you hear the doorbell. You walk up your stairs, peaking through the window but can't see anyone. You gently open the door, peaking your head around it to hide your half naked body.
Hinata stands there with a small nervous smile. A bag in his hand.
"I brought ramen!"
"What are you doing here?" You gasp, instinctually pulling your shirt down.
"Well you didn't come to school today and I wanted to talk. I figured you'd be hungry and I sure am because practice ended right before I came over!" Hinata walks inside. He isn't looking at you as he walks into the kitchen with the food. You snatch a pillow off the couch and hold it in front of you to hide behind.
"I realized you weren't at school because at lunch you weren't at your usual table. Plus Nishinoya might've mentioned your absence."
Your face is bright red from embarrassment as you try to make your way to the stairs so you can run away to put pants on. But before you can creep down the stairs Hinata looks up at you, his face immediately turning bright red. He turns around.
"(Y/N)! I'm so sorry! Where the hell are your pants?!"
"I just got out of the shower...leave me be!" You throw the pillow you're holding at him before going to put shorts on. You return afterwards. Finding two bowls of ramen on the table. You thank Hinata before chowing down.
After a few minutes he lets out a big sigh.
"I'm sorry. Again. I've been..." He sighs, finding the courage to speak the truth, "I've been very jealous. And it's causing me to have um-insecurity issues. I saw Noya cuddling up to you in the cafeteria the other day and ever since I just have been a mess of emotions. I've been trying to work on it."
You only nod.
Jealous? Of Nishinoya?
"Well..." You sigh, "I guess that's understandable."
The two of you sit in silence as you eat.
You want to mention the girl but you know you have no place to. He already text you saying it was nothing and all he did was speak to her. Plus, you just met the kid. Why are you so attached already?