(9): Remove Yourself

Hinata holds your hand the whole walk home. It's quite cold out. The wind flows through the surrounding trees, leaves flying through the air. You glance over at him. The wind is making his hair poof up more than usual.
You shiver.
"So, why were you so upset earlier?"
Hinata is stuck in his head. Questioning his own thought process.
"I got jealous...again."
You just nod, "There's no need to be."
It's nice having someone who is so possessive sometimes but him constantly getting jealous over Nishinoya is kinda giving you a headache. It's true that you used to have eyes for Nishinoya-san but you only have eyes for Hinata. You just wish he'd realize this already.
"So. I've been wanting to ask you..." You mumble, stopping on the sidewalk so you can face him. Hinata stiffens up a little. Watching you, "That girl from this morning. Why is she always around you?"
"Oh she's just a friend!" He chuckles, "Look who's jealous now."
Your narrow your eyes slightly. "I have a reason to be. You don't spend any time with me at school anymore because you've been caught up with studying and volleyball but she seems to get your free time. She adds 'chan' to your name when she addresses you. AND she gave me a nasty look."
Hinata looks at you as if he's at a loss for words.
"I didn't realize you were so attached! How cute!"
"That's not the point you stupid idiot!" You blush all over.
"I know what you're trying to say, calm down!" He laughs, pulling you into a hug, "Don't think for a second I see her over you. She's just some fangirl who is unnaturally attached to me because Kageyama won't give her a second glance."
You hum a little, hugging him back, "Okay good because I was prepared to beat someone's butt."
"Wow scaryyy," Shoyo teases you, "Watch out (Y/N) is on the loose! Grrr!!"
"Tsk." You roll your eyes, suppressing a giggle.

•••

The next day at school you sat through your morning lessons anxiously. Hinata had told you he was going to try to spend more time with you now that you've voiced your concerns with him. Plus, it'll keep that fangirl away at least.
Bitches be bonkers.
"(Y/N)?" A voice whispers, nudging your shoulder.
"Hm?" You turn to look at Nishinoya. His hair was every which way. He looks like he just woke up.
Odd, you think.
"Do you want to go to the arcade after school?!" He sounds so excited, "We don't have practice today."
Why didn't Hinata tell you that?
"I was already planning to anyways. Some yearbook kid paid me to edit his photos for him because he was lazy so I have some extra cash."
"Wow so entrepreneur of you (L/N)!"
After class you walk with Nishinoya and Ryu to the first year hall. It's lunch and you decided to sit with the volleyball boys for the first time. You have to get to know Hinata's friends if you're going to be in his life.
While chatting with Ryu you hear Nishinoya muttering under his breath. You glance at what he's looking at.
The fangirl was whining up at Kageyama. Her hands together as if she was begging for something. You stop, watching.
"You always are ignoring me!" She stomps her foot like a child.
"..." He just looks at her confused.
"You deny my confession and now you ignore me! I've been having to hang around Hinata just to see you." You don't like her tone. She said that as if it was some great task.
"I never asked you to do that." Kageyama shrugs, spotting the three of you staring and walks over. Blatantly ignoring her as she tries to reply back.
Her eyes lock on you. Out of all the people standing there, they have to lock on you.
"Oh I see what this is..." She chuckles like a crazy person, "You're all in love with (Y/N)! Ew. She's not even that pretty. What kind of taste do you have???"
You blink a few times, Am I really that ugly? I thought I was at least average.
"Good taste actually." A voice says, you snap your eyes to Hinata who is walking out of his classroom, "(Y/N) is the prettiest girl in the world! Just look at her! You though...you're jealous over someone who doesn't even want you."
As the heat rises to your cheeks you become very glad you can't see your own face right now.
"Remove yourself lady!" Tanaka chimes in.
She crunches her face up, "Whatever!" Stomping off.