(14): L8

It doesn't take long before you're running down your street. Shoes hitting the sidewalk with force. You're late to school. You're two hours late to school.
You're moms gonna kill you.
Sure, have bad grades. But don't skip and don't be late unless you've gotten permission from her. You don't have permission this time.
"Sorry...shit!" You bumped into a persons arm trying to quickly run past them.
"Tsk...(L/N)?" You stop at the familiar 'tsk'. Tsukishima stands still where you had bumped into him, his eyes sending daggers into your soul. You pause.
Your breathing is out of control as you try to compose yourself for whatever he's about to say.
"Why are you walking to school by yourself? Hinata really is brainless." Tsukishima sighs, walking closer to you and nods as if saying 'let's go'.
It's silent for a few minutes and your brain runs crazy with the thought of being even more late to school just because you're trying not to piss Tsukishima off my ignoring his offer. He's being polite for once. You don't want to ruin it.
"So why are you so late to school?" You shoot a look at the tall blonde.
"Doctors appointment. You?"
"I overslept..."
To your surprise Tsukishima laughs a little. Sending an amused smile down at you.
"I thought you had more brains than Hinata but I see now you don't."
"Hey!" You laugh up at him, slapping his arm. It's odd how comfortable you are around Tsukishima. It's like he's an old friend. You understand he's rude because that's just how he is so you'd rather take it as jokes than anything else. He likes that about you. He likes that you don't take him super seriously all the time. No one else does that. Tsukishima enjoys the small friendship the two of you have.
"I'll drop you off at class before heading to mine. First year hall is right before the second year hall." You say to him as the two of you walk inside the gates of Karasuno High School. Tsukishima only nods.
It's quiet as the two of you walk through the school. You spotted only one person heading to the bathroom. No one else seems to be roaming the halls.
Walking down the first year hall with Tsukishima seems to draw some unwanted attention from the classrooms with open doors. People turning to whisper about the mysterious volleyball player coming to school late with an older girl.
You can't help but roll your eyes.
"This is me. Bye (L/N)."
You send him off with a small wave before turning to go hide in the bathroom until your next class. There's barely any time left. You'll get into trouble if you just burst in so late.
"(Y/N)?!" You jump, being drawn out of deep thought at Hinata's excited scream. He runs to you with his arms stretched out. Hugging you closely and jumps a little making your whole body shake.
"Hey, why aren't you in class?"
"We were having study time and I saw you and Tsukishima walking past so I asked to go to the restroom! Just to see you!" Hinata's smile is from ear to ear.
Adorable.
"How sweet of you." You peck his cheek with a soft kiss before turning him around so he can look at his teacher who is staring at him. Arms crossed. Her obvious discontent written all over her face.
"I thought you were taking a trip to the restroom, Hinata Shouyou."
"Sorry!"

" "Sorry!"

•••

Yamaguchi sits next to you in writing club, you're reading over his work. He's really good for a first year. He's really developed a nice style of writing for someone so young.
"So...?"
"I think you're secretly in love with Tsukishima." Your face deadpans.
"WHAT?! No!!! He's just-...amazing. I look up to him is all."
You click your tongue and sarcastically role your eyes which only makes Yamaguchi get more flustered.
The two of you spend a lot of time together now that you hang out during club hours. It's nice to finally feel comfortable with someone in here. You're able to share your work with him and in return he shares his with you. Before this neither of you had really shared your work.
You spend the hour of the club editing a poem you had written. Reading it off again every time you've changed something to Yamaguchi to see if it flows correctly. By the end you've decided it's not even worth messing with anymore. You can't seem to finish it correctly.
"Okay, lets go!" He excitedly grabs your wrist and drags you towards the gym once you've stepped one foot out of the club room.
"W-what?!!!"
"We have a practice game! You can't just NOT support your boyfriend. Come on. Be that loving girlfriend I know you are!" His giggle fills the space around him.
With that you're drug off to be in a gym full of stinky boys.