(10): Bond

You're sitting with a bunch of males.
Males that are staring at you.
Those two thoughts flip back and forth in your mind causing you to overthink your lunch table choices for the day. Maybe you should've just sat with Jewel and Mika? You can see them from where you are now.
You glance over.
They're not even at your usual table.
Why aren't they there?! They're my escape plan for if I got too anxious! AND I'M TOO ANXIOUS!
You sip your juice, looking over to the blonde from the arcade who you now have learned is Tsukishima. He's giving you a weird look, analyzing you almost.
"You, what are your hobbies? Hinata won't even shut up about you but it's never anything interesting. Normally just your outfits or whatever you decided to eat for dinner." Tsukishima demands.
"Hey! I talk about other things than that!"
Tsukishima narrows his eyes, "Tsk, then tell me (L/N)'s hobbies."
"Video games and...." Hinata sits here confused for about thirty seconds before turning to you as if he's asking you the question too.
The two of you haven't spoken much about your own hobbies. Mostly about volleyball and schoolwork...and emotional issues.
"I'm in the writing club. I write a lot. Video games. Immense amount of music listening and editing photos. Those are the main ones, but I can never stick to one thing." You shrug.
Tsukishima's seems to be amused which makes you question everything you just said. Rerunning the way you worded everything.
Did I say something wrong? Why does he look like that? Please stop looking at me like that.
"So you're not as stupid as Hinata."
"HEY."
You nervously laugh it off, sipping your juice again.

•••

Music blasts into your ears. The earbud cords coiled up in a ball just at the end of desk. You hadn't bothered to untangle them, just make them accessible. Your pencil dances across your notebook. Writing endlessly as you hum to yourself in the back of the writing clubs club room. Everyone else seemed preoccupied with food someone had brought it. They were taking time to eat and chat.
But you could never bring yourself to be social in normal social situations like this. Sure, you're comfortable with most of the people in the room. Willing to listen to their work and maybe let a few of them read yours, but at the end of the day you're too shy to be emotionally comfortable in this setting. They all wanted to talk about their work or what their next big piece is.
You just wanted to write in the corner like the true gremlin you are.
"(L/N)?" You glance up. It's the freckle kid from the volleyball team. What was his name again...your mind trails off trying to remember.
You pop an earbud out.
"Um, sorry to bug you," He nervously laughs, "I just don't know anyone else here!" He peeps.
Has he been in this club the whole time?
"Oh..." You breath out, patting the seat next to yours to signal him to sit.
You strain to remember his name as he shyly eyes your open notebook.
"C-can I read?" He stutters.
You gulp a little, pushing it over shyly. I'm sure to anyone else the two of you look like shy balls of anxiousness. Him, naturally shy. You, shy about sharing.
He reads over your work, a small smile on his lips.
"Yamaguchi!" You speak, finally glad you remembered.
"Huh?" His eyes are large from your sudden outburst.
"Oh nothing sorry...um do you like it....?"
He only nods. The two of you discuss your work for the rest of the club. It feels like hours before the club room door bursts open. Nishinoya and Tsukishima standing in the doorway.
"(Y/N)-san! We are going to the arcade, you didn't forget did ya?!" Nishinoya yells.
Tsukishima just rolls his eyes slightly at the loud outburst. His arms are crossed, he's staring down Yamaguchi.
"Let's go! I convinced Tsukishima to come! He likes video games too, isn't that exciting?" Next thing you know, you're being dragged out of the classroom.
The next few hours you spend totally losing to Tsukishima. He's relishing in your defeat. The bright LED lights beam in your face as you run around challenging the boys to different games. Determined to win some more before it's time to leave. Yamaguchi decided to tag along, acting as Tsukishima's shadow. You're having so much fun you don't even realize what time it is. Unknown to you, your phone has quite a few missed phone calls from Hinata.
"Take THAT!" You get up in Tsukishima's face. Doing a small victory dance as you had just beat him in a stupid Ninja Turtle game. It was a kids game but hey you still won right?
"Highly annoying." There's still a small smile on his face.
Nishinoya pulls on your sleeve, "My turn! I wanna play."
You laugh loudly, nodding your head before Nishinoya and you begin to play the Ninja Turtle game.
By the end of the night you've bonded more with all three of them. You wave to them, walking out of the arcade to walk home and finally check your phone as you go to put in your earbuds.

TEN missed calls.

What the fuck????
Two from your mom; which is normal, and the rest from Hinata.
You quickly call him back.
"Are you okay? Why did you call me so much?" You ask, kinda worried.
"You weren't waiting for me after school! I always walk you home after practice! You worried me."
You narrow your eyes. Holding your breath.
You just spent the whole afternoon with three of the volleyball members. There was no practice after school.
Why is he lying?