(22): <\3

You finish the game with Tendo. Making sure to win at least a round so he knows you're not messing around. Of course you beat him to a pulp but he tries not to let it bother him.
You sigh, turning to look at him.
"So what do you want?"
He's taken a bit back by your assertive tone. You've grown a lot since he left. Matured more. You don't put up with shit anymore. He used to do things and you'd hold back questioning him because you didn't want to upset him. Now you could really care less what he feels as long as you said what you need to say. His reactions will be valid, even if he's upset about your thoughts.
"I told you my mom-.." "No I mean here, like to see me. You could've easily ignored my existence I wouldn't of even known you were in town."
Tendo lets out a slight sigh, "Someone's precise! Wow you're strong, idiot~" The nickname triggers many memories. He doesn't say it as an insult. It's almost loving because of the memories behind it, "I wanted to see you. I heard through a friend that you've been talking to that little red head on the Karasuno team. Number ten? Yeah. Ten."
He's blunt per usual.
You only nod, slipping some more coins into the game to start another round as he speaks.
"I regret everything. Leaving you to focus on volleyball. It ruined not only what we had but our friendship. We've been friends since we were children. I had always looked out for you. I did improve a lot under my current couch but when I look up into the stands after winning a game it stings knowing you're not in the crowd cheering me on." You try not to blush, "I miss your stupid laugh. You'd laugh at everything. You were so bright...and now I don't see that light in your eyes. You've matured my little idiot." His voice seems to sadden.
"That's what happens when you're left alone. It's only been a year but isolation can do a lot." The words drip out of your mouth before you can process them. The attitude hits him like a truck but he brushes it off, a cocky smile stretching across his face.
"You haven't been completely alone. Don't lie to me, idiot." His arm drapes around your shoulders. Tendo's scent fills the air around you. It's so familiar. Your heart warms. It warms like when you smell something that causes a sudden memory to flood back. A warm memory.
You're trying your hardest to focus on the game as he watches you. Cheering for your victory.
Your eyebrows crease.
Why is everything happening as soon as things are getting more serious with Hinata? I know he wouldn't like knowing I'm here with Tendo...like this, with his arm around me, if he knew our history. He wouldn't like it in general but I know his anger would burst in flames if he knew our history.
You're so lost in thought you throw the match.
Tendo sighs, running his finger through your hair gently as he coo's you. Trying to keep you from beating yourself up over your loss. But you're not beating yourself up as you sit there in silence, rather; you're lost in your own mind. Venturing around old memories of Tendo.

"Idiot!" Tendo yells from up in a tree. His long red hair flows in the wind. His small hands wrapped around the branch he's perched upon. You're staring up at him wide eyed. A giggle falling from your sweet lips as you jump up and down.
"Whoaaaa Tendo! You're so brave!"
Being only four years old of course Tendo was the bravest person ever to you. He was so reckless but at the time that made him courageous. Little did you know how particular he is about everything he does. He may come off as reckless but he thought everything through with perfect percussion.
As you giggle Tendo begins to climb down. Plucking a flower from the tree on his way down. Handing it to you as he drops down. His feet smacking the dirt below.
"Here, this is the thing boys do for girls right? Spoil them with gifts?"
You nod, jumping excitedly at his present and hold it close.
"Awh-...Thank you Tendo!"

You had left the arcade. Giving Tendo your new phone number before quickly making your way home.
When you get home you've already got a text from him.

Goodnight, idiot~ Rest well! I'll text you in the morning<3

You text back a quick goodnight before going to shower.
Great...

•••

At school you stay focused on the notes being given to you in class. Trying to push your current life events away for now. You don't know if you should tell Hinata. You don't even know if you should tell your friends. Tendo would enjoy knowing he was your little secret though, and you know he'll ask if you've told anyone about him. You don't want to give him that satisfaction.
"(Y/N)~..." You hear from behind you. Noya is waving happily towards you. It's been awhile since the two of you have spoken.
You wave back with a small smile before turning back to the lesson. You spend the whole school day in your class. Even lunch. You're doing anything to keep your mind off last night. To keep your mind off the past. To keep your mind off of him.
I shouldn't even be thinking of him. Hinata is what's important. Hinata is who I'm with. Why did Tendo have to complicate everything...?
When the teacher finally kicks you out to go home you pack your things, making your way through the school. You haven't answered your texts all day. Hinata has called you a few times and text you a few dozen. You know Noya probably already told him that you're at school. He's probably worried sick. He doesn't deserve that. He doesn't deserve any of this. He doesn't deserve someone scared of commitment. Someone who is scared of love. Someone who can't keep another out of their mind.
As you walk your heart begins to sink.
You don't deserve Hinata.
He's such a caring boy.
A bright ray of sunshine.
His constant energy keeps you on your feet.
His excited nature brings you so much joy.
But you don't even know if you make him happy.
You can't tell what he's ever feeling besides when he's angry or jealous.
Which seems to happen more than it should.
You feel as if you only bring problems.
You're so stuck in your head you don't feel the tears falling. You don't realize your core aching in pain. You don't notice your own heart seeming to break.
"(Y/N)?" Tsukishima's voice rings through your ears. Bringing you out of the trance you had put yourself in. The next thing you know you're sobbing into Tsukishima's chest. His arms wrapped awkwardly around you but he's trying. Trying to be a good friend to you. Trying to comfort you the best he can, "Whatever is going on...it will be okay."