Chapter 23

*Ty's POV*

It felt like all the walls were closing in on me and everything was spinning. I felt my legs crumble beneath me and I fell to the ground.

"Ty!" I heard Adam shout.

Everything became fuzzy and all I could see was black.

*Adam's POV*

"Ty!" I shouted, running over to him.

"Daddy! Is mommy okay?" Alex asked, crouching down next to me and Ty, tugging on my shirt.

"He'll be fine, buddy." I brought Alex closer to me and looked up at Ty's father. "Jim, call the hospital." I said, and he wiped the tears off his cheeks and picked up the phone.

"Ty, hang in there. It's gonna be okay. We'll get through this."

*Time skip to hospital*

*Ty's POV*

I woke up in a hospital room, Adam sat in a chair next to me, holding my hand.

"Hey, babe." He softly whispered.

"Hey. Is dad okay?" I asked, a little worry peeking through the grogginess in my voice.

"Yeah, he's fine. Just really upset." He sniffled and kissed my hand.

"That's good. I just can't believe that she's gone. I miss her so much."

"Me too." He smiled softly and kissed my forehead. "The doctor said that you can go home now. All you really did was faint."

"Okay. Let me just get dressed." I started to get out of bed when I remembered something. "Wait, where's Alex?"

"He's back at the house, with dad. Now get dressed so we can leave." He chuckled and helped me out of the bed.

*Time skip to the house*

"Dad! We're back!" I shouted, walking into the house, kicking off my shoes and running to the living room where I heard some muffled speech.

"Ty! Adam! I'm glad you're alright, son!" My father got up from the couch and hugged me tightly.

"Mommy! Daddy!" Alex shouted, throwing his Legos on the floor and running over to me.

"Hey, Alex! I've missed you!"

"I missed you too! Wanna see the pictures I drew?" He looked up at me with pleading eyes and jumped up and down.

"Yeah! Just let me talk to daddy and grandpa first, okay?"

"Okay." He pouted and shuffled back to his spot on the floor. I turned towards Adam and my father, putting on a solemn face.

"I guess we should start planning her funeral and stuff soon. She had a will right?" I asked, shuffling my feet and standing closer to Adam, who put his arm around me.

"Yes, uh, she wrote it a few years ago."

"Well, we'll have to have reading or whatever it's called." I said, leaning my head on Adam's shoulder.

"Yes, we should. Well, you all should get going then. I want some time alone for a while." My father said, hugging us and walking over to get Alex.

"Come on, Alex, it's time to go." He said, picking the boy up and carrying him over to me.

"But I don't wanna leeeaaavvveeee!!" Alex shouted, reaching back towards the pile of Legos scattered all over the floor.

"But we have to leeeeeaaavvvveee!" Adam said, mocking Alex's tone and taking him from my father.