44

Chaeyoung's POV

I know Lisa said she didn't want to know about her sister, but it's been driving me crazy. I want to know what happened to her.

I hope Lisa doesn't hate me for this.

I go to the local library hoping to find something.

"Hi miss?" I said as I walked up to the library counter.

"Hello. How may I help you?" The lady said.

"I'm looking for a news article from 1996." I said.

"Umm... okay I'll get them for you." She said confused.

I sit at a table. The librarian gives me a small box of new clippings.

I started going through it, its mostly either wedding announcements or some kind of celebration, all happy stuffs.

Finally comes across a new article..

"The Cane street murder"
The two teenage siblings who had been living with her foster mother over a year. The family seemed happy until the night if 12th when Lisa Manoban went into rage and beat her sister Yeri Manoban into a coma while living Miss Sunmi with minor injuries. Miss Sunmi told the police that she had to push Lisa off of her and Yeri, causing Lisa's death. The girl was 17 at the time. Her sister Yeri woke up from the coma after 3 months and couldn't reached for the interview. The town will never be the same after this devastating event.

I closed my eyes tightly not being able to look at the article any further.

It all lies!! Poor Lisa, everyone thinks she is the murderer when she was just trying to protect her sister.

Everyone thinks that Miss Sunmi was the victim when she was the culprit.

But her sister is still alive. She is out there somewhere. Lisa will be happy to hear that.

I walked over to one of the library's computer and googled Yeri Manoban, but nothing comes up.

I groaned in annoyance.

"Is everything okay?" The librarian asked.

"Yeah." I shrugged in disappointment.

"Are you writing a paper?" She asked.

"Yeah. Its actually about the Cane street murder."

"Oh." She said confused. "I actually know that girl's sister who was murdered."

"Really?" I asked getting excited.

"Yes we went to the same school. It's such a shame what happened." She shakes her head.

"Do you know what happened to her?" I asked her.

"She moved out of the town as soon as she released from hospital."

"I tried googling her name but nothing comes up." I said.

"She got married, try Yeri Kim maybe."

"Thank you." I smiled.

"No problem. Good luck on your project and I hope she is doing okay." She gives me a smile then walked away.

I Google Yeri Kim.

Finally I got a hit. There's not much information though.

She looked older. She looks happy, and I know Lisa will like that.

I see a phone number on her profile.

"Miss..." I called the librarian.

"Yes?"

"Is there a phone I can use? I forget my phone at my house.." I said.

"Yes. Right over there." She points.

"Thanks again." I said and walked over to.the phone.

I dialled the number and hold my breath, until I heard a woman's voice, "hello?"........

________________________________

30 votes must for this chapter....