prologue

(a/n: this is very important

(a/n: this is very important.⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️ i changed the date of the prophecy and it happens in 1978, because it didn't work out with my plot. I realised it at the end of writing this story and this was the biggest plot hole, so I'm sorry.)

Hogwarts Castle, Scotland, 1983

Two years. Two years since the death of Lily and James Potter, who were killed by Lord Voldemort at the very end of the First Wizarding War that had many casualties and grievous consequences. Albus Dumbledore had grown tired and rubbed his eyes tiredly as he wrote his next letter to the Ministry of Magic. They had all been through very difficult times in the last few years of the war. Dumbledore was reluctant to finish the letter to the Ministry. He was too tired, and when the clock in his office struck midnight, the Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry dropped his quill in the inkwell, waiting for the ink to dry on the parchment.

The wizard's thoughts darted back to James Potter. The boy died too young and didn't deserve to leave the world that way. While James was studying at Hogwarts, Dumbledore could see the boy's future as a white day - imagining how one day this boy would turn into a successful wizard and start a family, but not that he could be killed by Voldemort. And poor Brielle Macmillan, who was forced by difficult circumstances to make an important decision. They both didn't deserve this fate as much as James' child - Harry Potter, who survived the powerful magic of Voldemort. After Harry was rescued, Dumbledore and Professor Minerva McGonagall personally left him outside the door of Lily Potter's muggle sister, Petunia Dursley. Mrs. Dursley and her family were currently raising the child and keeping him safe, away from magic. At least until it is time for the child to become part of it.

Albus Dumbledore sighed and his gaze fell on James Potter's Invisibility Cloak. After he died, he took the cloak and left it in his office, waiting for the day he would give it to his heirs. But that day was still a long way off. The old wizard took the cloak. His hands sank into the soft cloth, but then something fell out of it. A sheet of parchment. Dumbledore looked at the yellowish parchment and carefully lifted it from the floor. He opened it and saw that it was a letter addressed to James Potter. It was written in elegant and beautiful handwriting. Dumbledore didn't doubt that it was Brielle Macmillan's handwriting.

Dear James,

I know that you're probably confused by why are you reading this but... let me explain. I didn't want to run away from you Jamie, believe me. I love you more than anything. It's just that... I'm pregnant, James. I'm pregnant with your child.

You know about the prophecy. It's too dangerous to stay together while there is the possible danger for the kid. I know I'm a coward that I'm not telling you this face in face, but I'm too scared. I didn't want to tell you will be a, a father, and then run away. Don't try to find me, James. Don't tell anybody about this. I know you all think I'm dead, but I'm not. Act like I am. Because that's better for me, you and the baby. I'm so sorry for asking you to do this, but I hope you can understand.

I will understand if you're furious with me, but you have the right to know. I love you more than anyone, Prongs. I will tell our child everything about you. And if we survive, and if everything turns okay after the war...

I hope we will see each other again.

Love,
Brielle