↘︎ chapter forty-six

46 | You should cut your hair, love

Marley Macmillan got on the Hogwarts Express with a slight touch of nostalgia in her eyes. Last night, a Feast was a memorial honoring the memory of Cedric Diggory, who was killed by Voldemort. Harry Potter had, after all, been able to tell his sister what had happened on the night of the Third Task. That had left Marley shaken, and her thoughts about the Triwizard Cup might actually be a portkey, were confirmed.

"Why do you always seem so thoughtful?" frowned upon Fred Weasley, sitting in front of the couple. George had hugged Marley across the waist, and she was huddled in him, happy that all was well between them. She was playing with his fingers nervously, but he didn't seem to care. If she wore rings, this activity would be even more interesting to her.

"I'm not." she replied. "Sometimes I really am, but not now."

"Then what are you doing?" asked George, a grin appearing on his face.

"Thinking--- goddamn, you're good." she rolled her eyes with a smile. "Anyway, any plans for the summer?"

"We still don't know. Probably staying in the Burrow for the whole summer and dying out of boredom."  shrugged shoulders Fred. "I suppose, you're staying at Wales. Why don't you ask Hoofy to let you go with Noen for a while? At least we won't die."

"Yes, good idea." she gave him a faint smile. She'd love to spend the summer with the twins. Yes, she may said two weeks ago that she didn't have plans to see them in the summer but that was when they were still mad at each other, but now they were fine.

And then the voices of Draco Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle were heard from the next compartment. Marley stopped playing with George's fingers and her ears sharpened. They were talking to someone and the voices were familiar. She stood up scalded and pulled out her wand.

"Boys, time to hex someone." she said and the Weasley twins smirked, taking out their wands. When they left the compartment and saw Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle the three of them hexed his little gang of idiots. Meanwhile, three different hexes were screamed from the compartment.

Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle fell unconsciousness. It turned out Harry, Ron and Hermione were in the compartment. That wasn't a surprise for Marley as she went in, greeting the Trio. Harry and Ron followed George outside, pushing the three into a spot where they would be out of the way. Meanwhile, Fred sat in front of Hermione and Marley.

When the three boys came back George offered to play some magical cards. During their fifth game Harry asked the twins again about the day in the owlery. Immediately after Fred, George and Marley made it up, they told her about their blackmailing to Ludo Bagman. It was all connected to their bet, during the World Cup. Marley remembered how they bet with Ludo Bagman that Krum will catch the Snitch, but Ireland will won. When they won, Ludo Bagman paid with Leprechaun gold which disappeared on the next day and they were trying to talk with him and make him give them the money. But they didn't get them.

The twins quickly explained the story to Harry, Ron and Hermione. Suddenly Harry decided that he didn't need the thousand galleons, won from Tournament and give them to the twins. They persistently refused, but in the end he succeeded in convincing them. He wanted to invest for their joke shop. After two more card games, the Hogwarts Express stopped at Kings Cross Station.

Everyone was heading for the train exit, and Marley could already see her godmother, this time with her mother waiting in the crowded train station. She was so happy now that her mother could finally meet her as a normal parent. Still, everyone knew she was alive.

The six got off the train, Harry said goodbye to them and went to his Uncle Vernon. Hermione also said bye and hugged Marley, then left. Ron saw the Weasley family and left. But the twins stayed to say goodbye to Marley.